35 | Bleeding Out

A/N: yet another fantastic episode of the clone wars was released this week

A/N: yet another fantastic episode of the clone wars was released this week. I will not say any spoilers, but I am THRIVING in the Rex content that we have been getting. For those of you who have seen it, there's that ONE scene in the newest episode (ep.2) with Anakin and Rex where we get that hilarious, cute awkward moment. You know what I'm talking about? I've replayed it five million times, maybe more. Anyway, I'm going to go watch it again, so enjoy the chapter! :)

💫

"Go! Don't you dare slow down" Dakota warned the clones, bringing up the rear as she defended her team from the incoming droids. For the past several minutes, they had been ruthlessly followed without a moment to catch their breath. Ahead of them was a steep drop that fell several hundred feet. It was their only means of escape. If they could get down to the lower level of the terrain, the droids wouldn't be able to follow, at least not at first. That would give them enough time to outrun them.

Dakota jumped up into the air and struck her blazing saber into the domed head of a spider-droid. It sparked at the impact and dropped into the dirt, the glowing red light leaving its eyes. She pulled her saber out and located her next target. All around them, the droids were managing to box them in at the edge of the cliff "we need to go!" Dakota yelled to the other Jedi.

"Lock in your cables!" Anakin informed the squad, pulling out his grappling gun and shooting the hook deep within the ground. He motioned for Tarkin to climb aboard his shoulders so that he could carry him down the side of the cliff. Two by two, everyone tied the cables to their belts and began to carefully walk down the side of the tall rock, being held up solely by the security of the cable. Fives tossed Dakota a grappling gun and she shot it at the floor, preparing for her descent.

"Cody, Ahsoka, let's go!" she waved to them. R2D2's reprogrammed battle droids were to remain behind and defend the team as they made their escape. The blue astro-droid beeped in goodbye and twirled on his wheels towards the cliff "see you at the bottom" Dakota bid to R2, hooking the cable to her robe's belt.

She then stepped over and steadied herself on the side of the cliff "this has got to be the worst day ever" she muttered, with one hand behind her gripping the cable tightly to balance herself. Her knuckles were beginning to turn white from the hold. The ground was a long ways away. Obi-wan was right, she really does hate heights. A battle droid above her on the cliff aimed and fired its blaster at her hook which had been impeded into the dirt. It snapped the cable in two and her body plummeted to the ground below.

She air left her chest in that instant, but she extended her hand out and used the force to slow her fall until she landed on her feet. Out of shook, she fell to her knees once becoming sturdy on the ground below. Her heartbeat elevated at the thought of nearly falling to her death "That's one way to get to the bottom, are you alright?" Obi-wan asked once he reached her, assisting to pull her up to her feet.