7 | The Beginning

Conflicted was the only thing that Dakota felt that night after the Senate made its decision to occupy the neutral system of Mandalore

Conflicted was the only thing that Dakota felt that night after the Senate made its decision to occupy the neutral system of Mandalore. Even after the Duchess's desperate attempt to change their minds, her efforts proved to mean nothing to the Republic.

Dakota understood the Senate and their decision, but also she didn't. She understood the Duchess and her reasoning, but also didn't. As a Jedi, this issue shouldn't concern her, but it does. The Mandalore System is the system that Dakota was born in. Even though as a child she abandoned her home to become a Jedi, its still held a place in her heart.

The Duchess and her fight to keep Mandalore meant something to the Jedi. Unfortunately, there's nothing that she can do to aid anymore. Her hand are officially, legally tied.

Dakota walked down the stairs of the senate building that night, her eyes low. The saber swung at her hip, and her hands were linked together behind her.

On her wrist, the communication link began to blink, signaling that someone was trying to make contact. She tapped the button on her wrist, pausing on the stairs as Master Yoda appeared in hologram form "Master" she nodded respectfully.

"Master Ky" The Jedi Master greeted "Tomorrow, to Mandalore you will go. Along with a handful of your soldiers. Aid with the stopping of death watch, you will" he told her, Dakota looked away from the hologram, the urge to protest was on the tip of her tongue.

She'd protest just about anyone and anything, but not Master Yoda, she knew far better than that "Yes Master, I'll.., I'll go inform my men now" she told him.

"Disagree with this order, do you?"

"No Master" she said quickly, looking back at the Jedi. As said before, there was nothing she could do to stop all this. Her duty as a Jedi comes first "We'll be ready first thing tomorrow morning" she then clicked off the hologram and sighed heavily.

Master Yoda watched as her holographic figure vanished from the table, leaving him and Master Mace Windu in the room. They shared a glance with each other "Uncertainty, I sense in young Ky"

"She hasn't been on board with this Mandalore situation since the beginning. She almost refused to be the escort of the Duchess when we first assigned her the task" Windu explained, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Been like this since the beginning, Master Ky has, hm?"

"Ever since I picked her up from Kalevala all those years ago. There has always been something, wether it be a weight or an unbalance inside of her, but she has never been able to shake it"