The slightest bit of guilt gnawed at Dakota's gut, but she had to push it down when the elevator doors opened up, revealing the command center of the airbase. General Krell stood facing away from them at the window "Master Ky, what an unexpected surprise" he greeted coldly.

"Master Krell" she stepped in "I see you have captured the airbase with success... although the heavy loss of soldiers is a bit disheartening"

"As I've said to you before, that's what these clones were manufactured to do" he turned to see her, and she sucked in a sharp breath at the similarities in this discourse compared to Rex's that took place mere moments before. The Captain closed his eyes, already well acquainted with Krell's view on this issue.

"Manufactured" she echoed, speaking to both Krell and Rex at that very moment "what an interesting choice of words"

"Wasn't it you, Master Ky-" Krell pointed, stepping closer. She didn't waver her stone cold gaze from his "-who first visited the clone facilities on Kamino along with Master Kenobi? You said so yourself to the council that they were made for the war"

"I made an error with my wording" she replied plainly "and I regret that"

"General Skywalker had spoken very highly of this battalion before he departed" Krell rubbed his chin "and yet I've been met with nothing but a high result of retreats, insubordination, and complete disregard for my command. For instance" he motioned to the window that looked down on Fives, Jesse, and the squad of clones who remained on standby "Captain Rex, I ordered for those clones to be terminated-"

"I ordered for them to stop, although they weren't going to go through with it to begin with" she interjected, assuming full responsibility "They are my soldiers, my responsibility. All of them have fought valiantly for the Republic, so forgive me for not believing that they would act out of line without proper reasoning"

Krell narrowed his eyes at her, curling up his fist in order to hide his true anger.

"Generals" one of the clones at the computers called out, halting the conversation "We're receiving an incoming transmission"

Dakota went to the table, waiting for the clone to appear on the hologram display "The Umbaran's have stepped up their offensives" the Sergeant formed into view, clearly in the middle of a battle on the other side of the planet. Dakota raised her eyebrow up with slight suspicion as she listened to his update "We're holding them off, but their squadrons have ambushed one of our platoons, seizing weapons and uniforms. We believe they may be planning to launch a massive attack"

"Thank you, Trooper" she nodded, and the transmission dispersed "I am reassuming command of the 501st legion, and your services are no longer required" she informed General Krell without skipping a beat "Your effort to achieve victory is appreciated, but you may return back to the Temple"

Krell didn't say anything to that. His eyes grew a shade darker "Let's go ready the men, Captain" she nodded to Rex, heading back towards the elevator.

"Yes sir" he obliged, staying close behind her.

"Don't forget, General Ky-" Krell called out. She looked at him from inside of the elevator "-the Umbaran's have stolen clone armor to disguise themselves as the enemy"