Hearty conversations took over the table, often deviating to other topics but time and again running back to the planning of the wedding, the invitations, the decor, the menu and the more the conversation went on Seokjin felt more and more guilty. He had really not thought this through, hadn't judged that his self-centred wishes would have such repercussions. All his life he had lost people around him for taking selfish but difficult decisions, and yet again life had brought him at the face of another.

And the question kept ringing in his head as he sat there, how much would this game cost him?

His eyes flickered over the table, watching the happy faces.

Would it cost him his peace for lying to all these loving people?

His eyes came to his side to set on the laughing face of Taehyung, and watched silently how the twenty-three year old happily glowed.

Would it cost him his heart?

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked as they stepped inside their current home and saw Seokjin hasten towards the bedroom, not sparing him a glance.

Taehyung had suggested they could go somewhere since they rarely had free evenings but Seokjin was adamant about going home, he couldn't take this suffocation anymore, needed some time off, needed to be alone to ease this nagging feeling out of himself.

"Jin? What is it? You've been awfully quiet suddenly" he followed behind him and saw Jin freeze in the middle of the room, he walked closer with soft steps when he saw his shoulders shake and a shiver ran through him.

"Why?" Seokjin's voice cracked "why would you lie to them for me? I can't...I can't do this...they'll hate me"

Taehyung gulped "I didn't lie" eyes trained on Seokjin's back.

"I am an awful human" Seokjin hid his face in his hands and sobbed "my life is a mess because I ruin everything".

He felt arms wrap around his shoulders and Taehyung's chest pressed against his back "stop, I know it's complicated but I got you, I swear they'll never hate you" and those words at his ear made him sob more, he wasn't sure how or why Taehyung could make him feel like this, made him feel comfortable enough to give in to his fears with the faith that he will be there to help him through it and not leave like each and every person in his life had done.

There was a reason he had to shut out the world to protect himself and his stupid soft heart, and he feared opening up would bring back those dark times again.

"You don't understand" Seokjin fumbled, weakly shaking his head "I can't trust anybody, I'm mean because I'm afraid. I am...I am twisted" he wept out.

But the arms never moved away, and held him warmly close "it's ok, I'm bad too, let's be twisted together" Taehyung pressed his head on Jin's "mean or not you still got me".

"You're just saying it" Jin sniffled, whining our the words.

"Test me if you want to, but you gotta stay with me to do that babe" Taehyung nudged the back of his head with his nose.

"I'm annoying"

"Trust me I know that but I can live with it"

"I'm selfish"

"Aware of that too, though not enough to make me run away. Whatever you are trying to do Jin, it's not gonna work"

"What if we mess it up?"

"We will"

Seokjin frowned then peered over his shoulder to look at Taehyung and saw a calm smile on his face.