Chapter 4

They're here.

"Guys, please tell me it isn't who I think it is."

Pierre goes to take a look and sticks his head out of the door. I was just about to shout at him when I remembered only I can see them when I'm not expanding my powers to make them visible or solid.

"Yup, it's them. The love of your life-Bucky, Sam, and the Spider-kid."

"Spider-Man." The rest of us reply.

"Hey! Open up!" The knocking got louder.

"Alright, take the box and go. We don't have enough time for me to break open this barred, possibly bullet-proof window and run out to Matt and Luke with a heavy safe in my hands." I start to explain and formulating a plan.

"I can pick it up, you just need to make this safe, a spirit-safe, so I can pick it up in my spirit form and go through walls. Don't use much of your powers if it's not required, Heather." Carl explains to me quickly and goes over to the safe. I nod at Teresa and she vanishes, going to Matt and Luke's van, the closest one to us, and explaining to them our plan since I couldn't do that while using my powers.

I convert the safe into a spirit-safe and Carl easily picks it up. With that, I take off my microphone and also give it to Carl, so the Avengers couldn't trace my friends using the frequency.

Just as I rush towards the window to try and escape, the door bursts open, and there stand in a perfect heroic stance, the aforementioned Avengers. Bucky pulls down his left suit sleeve, which no doubt got pulled up his delicious bicep when he broke down the door. Their eyes go from Matvei's slumped form on the floor, to me.

And once again, just as Barnes' eyes meet mine, I lose my breath.

"Hi." I say in a cringe-y, breathy voice. They slowly walk into the room and their eyes take in the blown up safe and the opened secret chamber in the wall. Sam bends down to check Matvei's pulse.

"He's alive." He confirms and gets up. Without saying anything, Barnes marches towards me, probably to take me in because this does NOT look well for me.

My eyes widen and I prepare myself to fight till I eventually have to give up. I mean I could take them all out, but not without using my powers, and I don't believe in using my powers on innocent people. I don't want to accidentally kill the beloved heroes of our world.

Mental eye roll.

Also because I'm kind of exhausted using my powers all night.

Just as Barnes nears me, I deliver a roundhouse kick in my surprisingly stretchy outfit, in a rush of adrenaline. He misses it by a hair's width and blocks his body with his arms. Sam quickly takes out his gun and points it at me, while Spider-Man gets his webs ready to shoot.

"We don't want to cause any unnecessary casualties. Just come with us and no harm will come to you." Spider-kid's squeaky voice comes out. Before I can even open my mouth, Bucky captures my hand and twists it behind my back in a flash. Not too hard to hurt, but definitely enough to keep me safely confined. I step on him and elbow his nose with my other arm. His hold becomes loose, and just as I'm about to grab his head to slam him to the floor, Spider-Man tases me with his taser webs.

He tased me!

I fall to the floor and the kid quickly webs up my mouth, and my hands behind my back. Bucky pulls me up kind of roughly and pushes me to walk towards the door. I see Pierre and Mannie looking at me with concerned faces, but I walk past them and give them a quick reassuring look. Spider-Man takes a hold of my arm and we exit, hearing Sam call for back-up. While we walk down the corridor, I see bodies either webbed up or unconscious.

Raising my brow at the scene, I send a quick look to Spider-Man, which he promptly ignores and starts walking faster. I mentally contact Teresa to make sure Carl made it to Matt's van with the evidence. Both, Teresa and Carl suddenly appear beside me.

I used to get startled when they did that to my younger self, but with time I've gotten used to their typical ghost behaviour.

"I was just about to reach their van when you were tased so obviously, your powers wore off and I dropped the safe. Luckily, Matt saw the safe fall, and Luke rushed out to get it secure. Teresa explained everything to them, and while they were quite reluctant to do so, they finally drove off with Danny and Jess right behind them." Carl explained to me as we exited the the club into a dark alleyway which was previously occupied by Matt and Luke's van.

"Obviously they didn't want to leave you with the Avengers and wanted to come in and fight, but, I explained to them what a terrible idea that was and that you'll be fine on your own. You have your powers, and you have us. That's more than enough. Also this mission is very important, so them compromising themselves was a stupid plan when you can very well hold your own against, and distract, the Avengers." Added Teresa.

And, it's better to have the Avengers as allies rather than enemies.
I reminded them.

I nodded at them subtly, mentally thanking them. We stopped at the end of the alleyway, when around 3 S.H.I.E.L.D. vehicles showed up.

One of the vans stopped right in front of us and the door opened to reveal the beautiful, Natasha Romanoff.

Double uh-oh.