Chapter 1

"Is this thing working? Hello, hello, hellooooo?" I say, tapping on the tiny earpiece I'm wearing that's disguised as an earring.

"Yes, for fucks sake Heather, it's working. Now stop talking so loud ugh." I hear Jessica groan, who's probably holding her head because of yet another hangover.

"I'm not talking loud, you're just.....hearing..very...loud." I make a weird face trying to come up with a comeback, and failing.
"Anyway, you shouldn't even be complaining right now, since you shouldn't be hungover, since we have a mission, since-"

"Oh for crying out loud, shut up! If I hear one more "since" come out of your mouth I will fucking bitch slap you." She groans again, making me smile.

"Since."

I start laughing right where I'm standing, on the pavement close to a club, as I hear Danny's voice chime in. I can just about hear his smirk through the earpiece and clearly see the scene playing out in the van they're in, inside my head.

Danny's probably smirking looking out the window (which, in retrospect, wasn't the best idea on his part since it's dark outside and they're literally in an alley next to the entrance of the club), trying to appear busy so as to avoid eye contact with Jessica, who's most probably glaring at him with murder in her eyes and an unimpressed expression on her face.

"Come on guys, be serious, we don't have a second shot at this. This is probably the first and last time Matvei and his people will be this vulnerable. We gotta move in soon." Comes Matt's sensible voice, who's in another van with Luke, near an exit of the club.

"Remind me again why I'm the one doing this, that too, without any backup coming in with me?"

"Because, you're the one that got a tip that mentioned the Avengers might be coming here and that you didn't want our identities getting compromised but didn't mind sacrificing yours to take down this "son of a bitch Russian tater tot" as it would be worth it to meet Barnes, who you admire very much." Luke took a much needed deep breath after that short rant.

"Correction- who she's a thirsty whore for."

"Wow thanks for reminding us of my very embarrassing drunk confessions, Jessica. You suck."

I could literally hear her satisfied smirk which quickly dropped when Danny added, "Also because Ivanov is a creepy perv that dates ladies his daughter's age and none of us fit that criteria, except Colleen, who's busy. And...well...Jessica doesn't really come in the lady category."

I hear a smack and before the fight could escalate, Matt intervened.
"Alright that's enough. Heather, you can literally have backup that's not us, at any moment you wish, you know. Come on now, you're good to go."

"Wait."

"What?"

"Does Ivanov even have any daughters?"

"Yes, several, all scattered around the world."

"Of course."

"Yes, now go."

I clear my features of all playfulness and mask it with a mysterious seductive face.
A very subtle eyebrow raise, so subtle you can't even see, but enough to make a difference, and a slight seductive smirk here and there. Opening my blindingly sparkling clutch, I check if I have everything and close it. Then, I fluff up my hair, clear out the imaginary creases on my very soft, satin, burgundy dress and stand up straight.

I come out from hiding in the shadows and start walking towards the club with a sway to my hips and confidence pouring out. The way to get anyone's attention is being confident in yourself and walking like you own it.

"Deziré" was the name of the club that our target, Matvei Ivanov, was supposed to be enjoying his night at. The club was a very expensive, very classy one, getting the entry to which, was next to impossible. But when you have some very rich friends, you don't have to worry about frivolous stuff like that.

Matvei Ivanov, leader of one of the world's largest drug cartels, human trafficker, etc., and an all round asshat, had been a nuisance to almost every country in the world. The whole world was after him and alas, he ended up messing with the one place he shouldn't have.

Hell's Kitchen.

************************

HELLO MY DUDEZ!!!
HOW'D YOU GUYS LIKE THE FIRST CHAPTER?! I'M SO EXCITED YAAYYYY

If you liked it then please, like and comment, and idk maybe share too? Thanks! 😊