Chapter 21 - A Dark Place

Start bij het begin

The black cladded hero didn't need to see who the person was to know it was the man who caused all this mess in the first place.

Hawkmoth's silhouette came out of the darkness and into the faded light of the round window.

Pitter patter of rain, gliding down the glass, making that sound more piercing then beautiful.

"You!" Chat hissed, pulling at the restraints as if he could latch onto the man who had just spoken. "What do you want?" His jaw snapped shut, speaking through his clenched teeth.

If he could get his claws into the man, he was ready to tear him to shreds, not caring what Ladybug went against.

Never hurt a cilvian she once told him.

But he wasn't in the mood to be put in this situation, already having to deal with just finding out who is partner was and having his idenity exposed to her by a stupid photograph.

"I got to say, you put up one long fight." Hawkmoth chuckled, foot steps clicking towards his enemies. "We could of easily done this with no one getting hurt, but you both had to play superheroes and save the day, over and over again." He spat. "I could of made my wish and Paris wouldn't have to deal with any akuma attacks at all."

Chat's vision started to clear more. The blur that once was fogging his line of sight was now more visible and his night vision was kicking into the dark room they were in.

He still couldn't make out where he really was though. A round window being the only thing that lit up the dark room within these four walls and even that was dim due to the down pour outside.

"If you make that wish there will be a price to pay!" Chat could hear his partner hiss, making Hawkmoth turn her way with a evil smirk playing on his lips.

The man's steps faded as he walked over to his partner, kneeling down to her level.

"That's why I have brought you both here." He paused, the sly smirk never leaving his face. "To prove you are both wrong."

"How would you know what is right or wrong?" Ladybug questioned him, her eyes barely visable under her bangs. Chat was now able to put a face to her silhouette. "You can't take something without paying the price in return."

"That's where you are wrong Ladybug." Hawkmoth chuckled again. "A genie grants three wishes and never takes anything away in return."

"The miraculous aren't genies in a lamp, they are the power of destruction and creation." Chat spoke up, seeing how his partner was trying to justify why this was wrong, that it wasn't the same thing. "When creation happens, destruction follows."

Hawkmoth got up and turned his way. Not bothering to go down to his level. Instead a  cane came up to Chat's chin, lifting the boys head up so he can meet his eyes.

"Well, maybe we should test that theory... shall we." Hawkmoth never left his green feline eyes as he spoke those words. That sent an uneasy shiver through Chat's body.

The hero noticed his line of sight now lining up with his ring, eying the piece of jewelry like some prize.

Just as the feline superhero thought Hawkmoth had won, he pulled the last move out to stop him proceeding.

"Cataclysm!" He screamed, clentching his eyes shut as he spoke those words.

Hawkmoth stumbled back but regained his balance, picking up the cane that had cluttered on the floor in front of the hero.

Curling his hand around, Chat managed to touch the chain with his destructive hand, turning it into ash the second it made contact.

His eyes locked onto Hawkmoth, ready to pounce on him, but thats when the black cladded hero notice the man was just laughing at him instead.