Re:CASE #003

Heiwa clicked her tongue and glared at the bandage around her arm. She was angry. Not because she was injured but because she was too incompetent during important moments and she was having a hard time tyring to fix it.

'The wounds are quite deep, it'll take a few days for it to recover,' the nurse in charge of the infirmary reminded her.

She nodded in understanding and bowed her head before exiting the place. Then headed straight for the exorcism room underground. There were elevators provided on either side of the building but Heiwa preferred the stairs because it was easier and quicker. The staircase was located beside the elevator at the northern side and she pushed the door open, descending quickly to catch up with her team. The room was close to the staircase so it only took her a few steps to reach there.

When she arrived, Akashi was outside, leaning against the door. He heard her footsteps and turned to look. 'Oh, Heiwa, did you get it treated?' he asked.

She showed her bandaged arm and he nodded. 'Is Towa exorcising?' she questioned and reached for the door handle but Akashi stopped her. She stared at him questioningly.

'Towa says no,' he said.

'I work with him.'

'I am the chief and I was kicked out.'

Heiwa sighed and stood back-facing the door, beside her husband. 'Mikage is inside? Why is he allowed?' she queried, dissatisfied.

'Only one helper was needed,' replied Akashi.

Heiwa chuckled. 'And you weren't chosen?'

'That's totally fine by me. Less for me to worry about.'

Heiwa looked into his eyes and shortened the distance of their faces, having to tiptoe a bit. 'Are you sure? Aren't your pride hurt?' she cooed.

The redhead frowned and gave a quick peck on her lips, in which she quickly retracted her head back and went red with embarrassment.

'What was that for?' she asked, voice muffled as she placed the back of her palm over her mouth.

Akashi shrugged. 'You were so close. I couldn't just let the opportunity fly by.'

Heiwa huffed angrily.

'You were feeling irritated ever since we ran from the car,' he suddenly said.

She looked away. 'How did you know?' she murmured, barely heard.

'I know everything,' he retorted with a smile but Heiwa merely gave him the side-eye. He ignored her response.

Heiwa took it as a sign for her to explain herself. 'It's just,' she began. 'Just that I am mad at myself for being a coward. I've been seeing souls for years but I'm still terrified when it comes near. The fact that I need to be calmed and helped every single time I face them frustrates me.'

Akashi stared at her.

'I freeze whenever they come and I seem to not be able to do anything. And it's annoying.'

He took her hand and gripped it tight. 'Heiwayuki.'

'What? I know it's pathetic—'

'It's okay to be afraid,' he said it so seriously that Heiwa blinked in surprise. 'A normal person would've gone crazy in your shoes.'

'Yeah but it's a hassle to everyone around me....'

'Don't ever feel that way around me,' he replied. 'I'm here to support you and I will always do that and I'm sure neither Mikage nor Towa mind it when you need help. I mean that's why we are all here right?'