Re:CASE #001

A/N: Sorry for the late update of the anticipated (kidding) first chapter! I got caught up with a lot of work T__T

Online classes give more assignments than physical classes did ugh. 

Enjoy!

***

Akashi Seijuurou turned his head when he heard a sleepy whine. He was just adjusting his necktie when the girl on the bed slowly squinted her eyes open. He smiled a bit.

'Up already?' he spoke.

Heiwayuki Akashi, now Akashi Akashi, buried her face onto her pillow, given that she was lying on her stomach when she woke up.

'I'm off to work first?'

At that, her head jerked up and she stared at him, pouting.

Akashi chuckled, '15 minutes.'

Quickly, she rolled to her right, so that she'd fall to the floor, but she hasn't adjusted herself to their new house yet.

'Wait that's the wall–!' Akashi tried to warn her, but it was too late. Her head hit the wall first and she groaned, holding her head in her hands painfully. Whining once again, she rolled back to her left and stood. Akashi chuckled and walked to her and patted her head while laughing to himself.

'Welcome to Tokyo.' He smirked.

Heiwayuki rolled her eyes and went to shower.

-

Unlike Kyoto, Tokyo has lots and lots and uncountable amounts of souls wandering around. It's a busy city and people die each second, so it was a bit of a shock for Heiwa when she first reached Tokyo. The plane hadn't even landed when a soul greeted her by the window, grinning and making her squeal like a mouse.

Akashi and Heiwa set up a barrier around their house with Towa and Mikage's help and so far, it helped. There were no disturbances. 

Well... Not yet.

-

Tokyo Supernatural Division HQ was located around 350m away from Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo. The couple had to walk for a bit to get there from the station given that both refused to use a car as a transportation to save gas and indirectly, mother nature (Akashi does own a few cars though, they are just extra hardworking).

As they were walking, Akashi's phone rang and he picked up the call immediately, turning away a bit from Heiwa. 'Yes, Mikage?'

'Hi.' A voice cooed.

Heiwa turned to her left and it was a soul, looking rather joyful. She didn't respond and continued to march forward with Akashi alongside her.

'You're the legendary Founder's daughter.'  The soul continued.

Heiwa acted like she didn't hear anything but it was really annoying.

'Can you please help me?'

Finally, she looked. 'With what?' she queried softly.

The soul grinned and disappeared abruptly. Heiwa frowned but dismissed it as a mere prank. Souls are sometimes playful like that and she was getting used to it.

But a nanosecond after that thought, she suddenly felt like she lost her footing. Her surroundings became pitch black and she gasped as she fell unto her knees in shock. She turned to her right where she expected her husband to be but there was no one.