-

Heiwayuki sat on the passenger's seat, beside Akashi, then took off Mikage's backpack she was carrying and placed it on her lap. Akashi looked at her questioningly when she entered without Mikage.

'What's wrong?' he asked but he seemed to already understand the situation.

'He'll come later,' she answered curtly.

He chuckled, 'I see, you asked him about Yukio, didn't you?'

Heiwayuki snapped her head to him. 'How did you know?'

Akashi rested his head against his seat. 'Sorry, I guess it was rash of me to have you ask him about Yukio.'

'I've never seen a face sadder than that...' Heiwayuki said quietly.

'Yukio was his classmate when he was in his second year,' said Akashi as he glanced at the rearview mirror to see if Mikage had come by. 'But she turned out to be a soul, rather than a human.'

Heiwayuki frowned, 'How is that possible? Wasn't he able to see her?'

'He was. Everybody could see her but she is actually an artificial soul made from the other side of the world, she didn't exactly die or anything.'

'Wait... are you saying, she was and is not a human? But she is able to act like a normal person?' she queried.

Akashi nodded. 'It's rare, but not impossible. She was the first case Kyoto HQ had encountered, though.'

She sighed loudly, 'I want to know the whole story so badly,' then looked at the side mirror. 'Mikage is taking a long time.'

'He's just enjoying his coffee and probably reminiscing about his school life or something.'

Heiwayuki hummed in reply then it was just silence between them.

Then suddenly, Akashi shifted his body so he was facing Heiwayuki, resting his right arm on the armrest. He leaned very close to her. As expected, she blushed at the sudden move. She had flinched but their faces were still only inches away.

'W-what...'

Akashi smiled, the usual sly smile he'd always display whenever he was about to do something naughty or inappropriate.

Heiwayuki frowned. 'I know that eyes,' she said and quickly placed her palm over his mouth. He smirked against her touch and his left hand gently pushed her wrist away. Then he reached for her nape and pulled her to him.

She didn't resist or move an inch when they kissed. It had been a while since they had time together. Tokyo Supernatural Division was as busy as it could get. The touch of his warm lips against hers were gentle at first, coaxing her to part them. She obliged shyly. He slid his tongue in and angled his head to deepen the kiss.

The sensation sent goosebumps along her midriff and further down. He tasted dizzyingly sweet and her throat let out a low whimper, muffled by their connected lips. Akashi's fingers grazed her jaw, then grabbed her nape.

He wanted more. He needed more. More of her. All of her. He wished to devour her, take her right then. She moaned again and he kissed her deeper. That mellifluous, seductive voice of hers...

His other hand travelled down to her shoulder, her collarbone, then her chest. Heiwa flinched but she was so enchanted by the kiss that his touch was electrifyingly pleasant, despite causing her heart to thump vigorously.

The passenger's door behind them was then abruptly opened. 'I thought you guys- Oh GOD-!' it was Mikage. And he saw them.

Akashi pulled away and looked at Mikage, who opened the door that was opposite of his side. 'Welcome back,' he said nonchalantly.