Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Pain and Insecurities

He knows you too well as if he already memorized every buttons, screws and nuts of your heart. You thought your plan of playing hard to get will work but, unsurprisingly, he pushed the right button again and all your anger disappeared that instant. This is so unfair! It is your right to sulk and be angry, right? But as soon as you heard his deep voice, sincerely saying sorry to you and holding a box with a head of a puppy propped against it, you forgot every hurt and pain you've felt these past few days.

That's how he is.

That's how dangerously in love you are to this man.

"We're very sorry." they're standing in the center of the living room, surrounded by scented candles which you think have been lighted up for a while now.

Yes, your boyfriend is attractive and gorgeous as heck, but your eyes magnetized to the beady eyes of the puppy. It was a black and tan Pomeranian dog.

A smile crept on your face. Aaaahh... how can I not forgive him? This guy knows that you have a soft spot for dogs. Well played, Kim Taehyung.

You slowly tread your way towards them.

"Can I touch it?" you murmured, ashamed that your strong façade has been easily defeated by the innocent creature in front of you.

He chuckled, a sexy one. "It's our baby, A. You don't have to ask permission to touch it."

With that, you carefully touched the puppy's head. It pulled away on your first touch but when you reached your fingers to caress its head, it responded by brushing your skin with his small tongue.

"Our baby?" you looked up to him and was surprised when you saw the tenderness on his eyes as he stares at you.

His intense gaze immediately turned into a smile. "Yep! We're his parents."

You blushed at that statement. From his words, it seems like he's sure that you're the one he wants to be with in the future.

"What would we call him then?"

He put down the box and lifted the tiny puppy, bringing it up on his face.

"I want mommy to give me a name

"I want mommy to give me a name." he said, raising one frontal leg of the small pup and using baby talk to make him extra cute.

You rolled your eyes, a smile tugging at the corner of your mouth.

He kept on whimpering and making baby noises while he's holding the puppy close to his cheeks.

"What about..." you noticed how pronounced the black hues on its skin which complimented its shining black eyes. It reminded you of the blackness of coal. "Yeontan?"