Part Ten

PART TEN

Jin got home the next day at noon. He slammed his body on his bed and shut his eyes. After a few minutes, his phone started buzzing non-stop. He checked the notifications, and it was all messages from a worried Jimin, whom he is sure will scold him for disappearing and not informing him where he went. Jin sent Jimin a quick reply that he is fine and he just wants to rest for now and shuts his phone together with his eyes.

A few moments later, his phone started ringing. Jin furrowed his brows and answered the call, eyes still shut. "Jimin, I'm fine. I'm home, stop worrying, okay? I'm just resting now." Jin waited for Jimin's squealing voice shouting at him, but all he heard from the other line was silence. "Jimin?"

"Hyungiiee .."

Jin's eyes opened wide and his whole body jolted up. He knew that voice so well, he cannot be mistaken. He looked at his phone screen, and yes, it was Namjoon.

"Are you home? Are you okay?" Namjoon asked in a worried voice, his usual tone back before he started avoiding Jin and left.

"Hey, Namjoon." Jin took a deep breath and sighed. "I'm okay."

"I'm sorry .." Namjoon apologized sincerely. "I was- -going through something. Please, don't be mad at me, hmm?"

Jin hated it, but just like that, all his frustrations drifted away. The pain and wounds he'd gone through, all mended and patched up, and his heart that has felt hopeless is now beating fast and hoping for the best with Namjoon. "I'm not mad. I was never mad."

"Really?" Namjoon asked, happy and joyful.

"Yes." I can never get mad at you, Joon. No matter how painful, I can never.

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Was the girl in the picture you posted- -" Namjoon paused for a few seconds. "- -is she the Ashley you were talking about?"

"Yeah, she is. Why?" Jin asked back.

"Now I am jealous," Jin's heart skipped a beat. He's jealous? "You found someone new already? That fast?" Jin felt even more nervous.

"What are you talking about? She's just a friend."

"Exactly! You found someone to replace me as your best friend, I'm jealous."

"Oh .." Jin uttered, once again, disappointed. "We just met, Namjoon. Of course, no one can replace you."

Jin smiled upon hearing Namjoon chuckle. "Hey, hyung?"

"Yes?"

"If you were dating, what would you want to do with that person?" Namjoon asked out of the blue.

"Why are you asking?"

"Because I have a date tomorrow, and I'm out of ideas what to do," Namjoon faked a laugh.

Jin sighed, barely feeling the pain in his heart anymore, he knew he should be numb by now. "Another girl, Namjoon?" Jin hissed. "How many girls are you planning to date before settling down?" Jin asked honestly.

"I don't know ..you know I can't decide on that, right?" Namjoon answered. "Anyway, answer the question now, hyung!" Namjoon asked excitedly. "What would you want to do on a date?"

Jin sighed, he felt as though he shouldn't be saying it, but he just for this once, he wanted to be honest to Namjoon of his feelings. "I like night dates." Jin started. "I want to walk around with the view of the beautiful street lights, lighting up the darkness, hands together with the person I like .." Jin shut his eyes, just to himself, imagining that he could maybe have that one date with Namjoon. "Talking to each other and laughing about silly things." Jin took a deep breath. "You know, simple dates are better than expensive ones. It's more genuine." Jin uttered.

"Thanks, hyung." Namjoon answered calmly. "I'll keep that in mind. I need to go now. Bye."

"Wait, Namjoon! I want to sa- -" before Jin could finish what he wanted to say, the call had been disconnected. He looks at his screen, feeling lost and discouraged. Why ask me, if you couldn't do it for me?

He dialed Jimin's number and after three rings, Jimin answered the call. "Hyung! Are you okay?" Jimin immediately asked upon answering the call.

"Just let it be, Jimin. I'll go with the flow. At least, I don't want to lose our friendship again." Jin uttered, sounding a little desperate to save the only relationship he can have with Namjoon, friendship.

"Please, don't get hurt anymore, Jin hyung." Jimin worriedly asked, half sure that Jin would be hurting himself a few more times.

"I'll try not to." Jin smiled to himself. "Thank you for always being there for me, Jimin."