Part Six

PART SIX

THREE MONTHS AFTER

Jin stares at his phone. Three long months. It has been that long and he wonders if Namjoon has seen his last messages to him after he got on that plane and left. "Was it even delivered?" Jin asked himself and reread the text messages again and again.

"Hey, Kim Seokjin!" Jin immediately squeezed his phone inside his pocket. "What are you doing in there, get out at the counter! You're not paid to slack off." Jin's boss pointed outside.

"Yes .." Jin bows to him in respect before going out in his post and gets back to his work.

He puts on the brightest smile for the customers, but behind those smiles hides a bitter pain that he has been hiding for the past three months.

After his shift, he went straight to the convenience store near his place and decided to have his dinner there. A bowl of ramen and kimchi, his usual food. He sat in his usual spot in the convenience store, right in front of the glass wall. He loves to watch the busy street, and the mysteries hidden in each and every person that passes through.

"You really love vanilla, don't you?" Jin's heart skipped a beat. He slowly looked at where the voice came from, he sighed in relief, yet still felt disappointed. He stared at the couple a few seats away from him who was eating ice cream sweetly. He reminisced about the moments where he would spend time with Namjoon all afternoon and eat almost three bowls of ice cream from the ice cream parlor. He remembered how much it made him happy every time he would spend a day with Namjoon and just watch him either study, or tell him stories about his life.

Jin was snapped out of his thoughts when his phone vibrated on the table. He received a message from Jimin.

"The time has come for you to have fun Kim Seokjin" Jin smiles as he reads Jimin's message. He knows that Jimin has been trying his very best to cheer him up.

His phone buzzed again. "Come with us tonight, Yoongi and I will be partying"

He smirked as he typed his reply to Jimin. "You two will just end up fucking, don't get me involved."

Jin shoved a mouthful of noodles in his mouth, and realized that he has zoned out for a while because his ramen has gotten cold. He opened his instagram and scanned through while eating. He then suddenly stopped upon seeing a post. Namjoon's post. He was just looking at the picture that appeared in his timeline, but later on he was already scanning through Namjoon's account. He smiles as he thought how Namjoon is enjoying his life there in Seattle, but his smile painfully faded when he came across one post. One picture that Namjoon posted of him with a girl that was followed by a post which indicates in his caption that he was together with the girl.

 One picture that Namjoon posted of him with a girl that was followed by a post which indicates in his caption that he was together with the girl

He was used to seeing Namjoon dating different girls from time to time, but even when he is used to it, the pain always felt it was his first time seeing him with a random girl, and feeling the pain felt so wrong for him

He was used to seeing Namjoon dating different girls from time to time, but even when he is used to it, the pain always felt it was his first time seeing him with a random girl, and feeling the pain felt so wrong for him. He shouldn't feel it, instead, he should be happy for him. As a friend, I should be happy for him. He replays it in his mind to ease the pain, but little did Jin know that he wasn't easing the pain, he was simply becoming numb for the pain that if it becomes easier to manage overtime.

"Everyone's having fun .." Jin thought to himself. He looked at his reflection in the glass walls of the store and sighed, feeling like he was a lonely loser who is madly in love with a person he can't and shouldn't love.

Once he was done eating, with a heavy heart and miserable thoughts, he immediately left the store to head home. He was just a few blocks away from home when he stopped on his tracks and remembered Jimin inviting him to go have fun. I should do it once in a while, right? He pondered over.

He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and messaged Jimin, changing the path where he's headed, walking away from his home, and heading to the place where he can maybe forget Namjoon and for the first time in a while, have fun.