Chapter 4: Twice a...

Começar do início

"Oh my god I'm gonna kill you," Ian whispered angrily while Bryce just scoffed.

"Meet me at detention after class, Mr. Occonor," the teacher declared in a stern voice before adjusting the frame of his glasses as he looked over to Ian. "You, too, Adrian."

Ian's mouth hung open, perplexed. "What the hell did I-" he said, his words cut off when Mr. Corbyn turned his back, unwilling to cater to his questions further.

He slumped back to his seat in disbelief, mouth hanging open as he slowly turned around to glare at Bryce, who just shrugged and returned it with a toothy grin.

. . . . .

"Why weren't you at class today?" Emery asked as he stabbed a suspicious-looking steak with his fork. "I had no one to talk to and the lecture was just plain boring and borderline stupid."

"Sorry," Ian mumbled, nibbling on his string cheese. "I woke up late."

"'Course you did."

He looked around and noticed the table was void of the rest of the team members. "Where are the others?" he queried.

"Blake went home, I know what's up with that? And," Ian ignored the way Em's nose scrunched as he continued. "Cameron's on uh- a date."

"Really? That bland, boring man?" Ian laughed in disbelief. "Good for him."

"Yeah. Heh."

Their conversation was interrupted by a whistle, coming from none other than Bryce. "'Sup wuss," he called, looking directly at Ian.

The latter rolled his eyes and looked away. "Fuck off."

Emery watched them both with a curious look. "What's up with you two?"

"You seriously asking me that?"

"Well, you're not usually that passive," Em went on. "What happened?"

Ian sighed and didn't bother to beat around the bush. "He got me into detention."

"Really? You?" Emery bit back a laugh.

"Yeah, but whatever. He can kiss my ass."

Emery laughed and decided not to pester about it further while Ian peeked over his shoulder to glare at Bryce, who was surprisingly, already looking at him. He stuck his tongue out just as Ian sneered at him, making them both look like idiotic toddlers making faces while 10 feet apart. He saw the corner of Bryce's eyes crinkle as he laughed mockingly before Ian looked away to scowl at his empty carton of banana milk.

Asshole.

. . . . .

"I hate you."

"You know, I can never hear that enough."

Ian glared at the blond, failing within ten seconds of deciding to ignore Bryce entirely.

"I have some more, you wanna hear all of them? We got all day," the brunet grumbled, glaring at the goofy inspirational quotes sprawled across the blackboard in front that was supposed to keep students in check. They never work which makes him wonder what kind of idiots the people in this school are trying to fool.