Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠

Start from the beginning

"Wait? What? Why?" Sam exclaims.

"She was crying about her breakup with Elliot when I found her in Tyler's guest bedroom, the day when we were hanging out here. I was just consoling her when she suddenly kissed me. But I pushed her away, I swear and it meant fucking nothing to me. But, Rachel found out about the kiss." I pull my hair in frustration as Sam gets up from her seat shouting angrily at Chloe, "Why in the fucking hell would you do that, Chloe?"

"It was- it was a mistake. I'm sorry." Chloe stutters.

"Then why would you tell Rach about it if it was a mistake?" Tyler asks in annoyance.

"I didn't."

Before they could say anything, I interrupt, "She didn't break up for that."

"What?" All eyes are on me now.

"She said she doesn't feel the same way about me as she felt before. She said that she doesn't love me anymore." My voice breaks.

"No, no, that's a lie, Luke. She loves you." Sam tries to explain.

"I know she does. But I don't understand why she is doing this to me, to us. I-I..." I try to calm down my heart, which is hurting inside my chest as if it'll explode any second now.

"I think there is some reason behind this. You need to talk to her." Sam says.

"You think, I haven't done that already?" I ask irritatedly, getting up, but Matt interrupts, "Talk to her again tomorrow and keep your anger at bay. Now you need to sleep this off and sober up."

"He's right, Luke. You're drunk as fuck, you need to talk to her sober. You can crash here tonight. " Tyler offers and Sam consoles me by saying, "Don't worry, Luke. I know she doesn't mean that. She loves you a lot, and I know it because we've been best friends for years now. There has to be some reason for her this kind of behavior. We'll talk her out of this. You take some rest tonight."

Everyone gets up to leave and Tyler leads me to his guest bedroom. I lay down on the bed and think about Grace as I try to console myself by my own words, 'Everything will be fine,' and then I fall asleep.

The next day, I wake up early and leave Tyler's house. When I reach my street, I walk directly to the Williamson house without giving a second glance at my house. But the sight I see makes my heart beat faster than every passing moment. Their door is locked. Where are they?

I rush back to my house and see Mom and Liza sitting on the couch, "Mom, do you know where Grace, Emily, and Paul are?"

Mom raises her head to look at me, and her teary eyes make me scare more than ever, " They left." She says with a defeated voice.

Why is she crying?

Her answer is so short that it makes me wonder what exactly that could mean.

"They left where? As in for a trip or what? Did they go to Grace's grandmother's funeral? Where did they fucking go? Say, something Mom." I yell in desperation and Liza starts sobbing loudly, "They left the town forever and moved to another state, that's what the text Mom received this morning says. They just left Luke, they didn't even meet us for the last time, they didn't even tell us which state. They just left, without a proper goodbye. What happened, we don't know."

"Show me the text," I ask her and grab the phone as soon as she opens it,

Emily (5:07 am)
Hey Anna, I'm so sorry for the sudden message but we have to move to another state urgently. I wanted to tell this to you personally but Rachel didn't want y'all to find out before we left. She says Lucas knows why. We won't be coming back to Austin ever but know that we love you and we will miss you forever. Take care.