Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 // 𝐼 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑠𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚

It's in my head, darling I hope
That you'll be here, when I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down.

Don't let me down - The Chainsmokers

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I removed the keys to our house from my purse. Travis and I decided to spend some more time together before I headed back to Lucas's house. Mom didn't want me to be on my own, so I had to stay there until their return.

We were in my bedroom, talking and laughing when Travis asked, "So, you've been friends with Lucas for a long time, huh?"

"Yes, we've been best friends since he moved in next door. We've been through everything together since I was ten and he was eleven." I explained.

"That makes more sense as to why he is so protective of you." He nodded.

"Um-hmm, "

"He even asked the lads at school to stay away from you."

"Yes, he thinks boys at school are assholes, and I somewhat agree with him." I giggled lightly because I thought the same too.

"Including me?" Travis asked out of nowhere.

"No, no. Not you. You're different." I said looking at him, as our eyes connected.

His eyes dropped to my lips, and he started leaning forward. I wasn't really drunk to not know what was going to happen next, but I didn't stop him or push him away and continued with the flow, as he dipped his head until his lips caught mine.

This was my first kiss ever and It felt nice to be kissed, and at the moment nothing else mattered for me. His lips were almost sensual and just when his tongue coaxed my mouth open, I heard someone gasp before I could hear the door open. Travis jumped off me quickly and I looked up to see Lucas standing there, his hands clenched into tight fists, his eyes shooting hateful looks at Travis.

"What the hell are you doing, Grace?" he almost screamed but he wasn't looking at me; instead, his glare was directed towards Travis.

"Lucas, I thought you lived next door," Travis said chuckling as he moved away from me. I pushed myself up from the bed, my face blazing with embarrassment.

"Travis, I swear to God," Lucas started to say as he stepped forward menacingly. He looked so livid as if he wanted to beat the crap out of Travis.

"Lucas, what are you doing here?" I interjected weakly, trying to diffuse some of his anger.

His eyes snapped to me, "I came back right after you left to check if you reached safely. But you weren't home and then I saw the lights of your room were on. I thought something happened after you left with Travis, so I came to check up on you. I was worried about you for nothing." He looked away angrily.

"I didn't hear you come in," I said embarrassingly. He was concerned about me, and I was here doing...

"No, of course, you didn't, you were too busy getting it on with this piece of shit," he spat, interrupting my thoughts. His head nodded in Travis's direction, but his eyes didn't leave mine. I swallowed as I looked at his face. He looked hurt, and something else, jealous, maybe? But I would be probably wrong.