Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Jeongguk took a shaky step, trying to pick up his good leg but all of the pressure was applied directly on the leg that couldn't withstand the said pressure. "Okay, you proved your fucking point, give me the crutch back. I clearly still need it." He sounded to be in defeat.

The elder obeyed, handing over the mentioned object so Jeongguk could walk again. He looked down the hallway and his eyes grown two times its normal size. "Damn it . . ." He breathed. "Um, J-Jeongguk, maybe you should go back to your office."

"Huh? Why?" Jeongguk hadn't seen nor had he caught on just yet, readjusting the crutch so it was under his armpit. "What's with the sudden change?"

"Okay, if I tell you, you can't freak out."

"That just means I'm going to so you might as well come out with it now."

"Taehyung just might have left his room."

"The fuck do you mean?" Jeongguk looked down and took notice to the damaged metal and door which looked like the lock and knob was broken. "Taehyung left his room."

"That's what I mean."

"Shut up, where the fuck is he?! I didn't temporarily lose my ability to walk for nothing!" The mafia leader tried to rush down the hall to get to Taehyung's room, losing balance and collapsing to the ground. He landed straight on his aching knee, quickly rolling on his back while his leg was clutched in his arms. His face showed nothing but pure agony.

"Shit, Jeon-"

"D-Don't worry about me," the aforementioned was obviously hurting. "Go f-find that fuck!" He cried out, pushing himself to sit upright so he wasn't laying on his backside anymore.

Jimin wanted to make sure Jeongguk was okay but he was yelled at to go find Mr. Kim so he did just that.

     "Taehyung? It's Jimin." The latter called for the nth time. "I know there's no actual way for you to escape and you're really only hurting yourself by doing this, you can get in more danger than what you already are so, like, come out?"

He was actually becoming paranoid that Taehyung hurt himself in some type of way or someone saw him and took him away.

"Christ above!" Jimin ran his hand through his hair, looking around the corners. He was becoming more and more upset as the minutes flew by.

Jimin opened a door to a closet that stored away brooms and mops, just cleaning supplies in general that the maids would use to make sure Jeon Undergrounds looked presentable.

When Jimin flicked on the lights, he jumped so high, seeing the end of a broomstick in his face that was hidden before. It startled him to death.

"Take. Me. Home." Taehyung said, showing really nothing in his eyes.

"I- Mr. Kim? You need to work on your hiding skills." Jimin sighed. "What were you trying to accomplish?"

"I feel like part of me believed I could get away."

"I told you you can't." Jimin remarked.

"Do you know what it feels like to be locked away with no faith that you'll ever get out? At least I gave it a shot, I can say I tried." He lowered the broomstick. "Just take me back to my room and lock me away again." He knew he was captured and no way in hell would Jimin let him go.

"You broke your lock."

"So?"

"Jeongguk isn't very pleased with your choice of actions so you'll be locked away somewhere else unfortunately." Jimin informed. "I'm not too sure where at but I just know it'll be somewhere else for now."

Taehyung let out a deep sigh, looking down.

     Jeongguk was told the rest of what happened after he fell to the ground since he wasn't actually there to witness any of it himself firsthand.

Now, the mafia leader didn't want to, but to put it in short, after Jimin had retreated Taehyung, the aforementioned got hit with the crutch right in his side and was beat. Jeongguk had so much built up anger from falling all because Taehyung decided to run away and never actually made it that far.

Did he regret it? Not really but something that killed him inside was watching Taehyung scream and cry for him to stop hitting him but it wasn't enough to make him actually want to give a damn.

     Jeongguk shook his head, hearing Jimin's voice which snapped him from the memories.

"What do you need?" Jimin asked over the phone.

"Just come to my office and we'll discuss it here, Park."

"Okay, but someone is here for you."

"Who?"

"Hoseok."

"Hoseok? The fuck does he want?"

"He didn't specify but he doesn't have any weapon on him and just said it's business related but that's as far as I know."

". . . Send him up but with you and guards at his side." Jeongguk said with a hint of uncertainty, not sure if he wanted to talk to Hoseok or not. He knew that when Hoseok said 'business', he meant to talk about getting back what was his and rightfully so.

Jeongguk should have ended Hoseok on spot, that's for sure. He went over to his desk and pulled out his pistol, slipping it into his waistband.

________

A/N
I think this story will end soon :(