Toxic

Toxic is a word which pains the people who hears it

A breeze blew through the glistening flowers, which was dyed in a beautiful colour of red.

A figure laid beside the flowers, her hand softly reaching for the blooms beside her. Her right hand held onto her shoulder, stained in blossoming red and purple, letting out streams after streams without stopping for a second

She felt hurt, so very hurt. Her breathing so short and soft like petals. The pain she felt however, was not from physical wounds. It had not came from the wounds which she held till now

The pain she felt, was one from a person. The person she had trust, yet stabbed her back after she lost her worth. The man who she thought loved her, as much as she loved him. The man who she ran away with, after everyone ridiculed her.

A runaway bride of a forbidden princess. A pitiful princess who was striped of everything. Her title, her position, even her tongue. Now, soon, she'll be stripped of her life.

All because of a man, a man who stood there, watching her die with the toxic blade in his hand.

The man who told her, what to say and what to do. The man who spoke down to her, and say that 'he was the one'.

The man who took everything, who forced her to live in fear, who made her believe that she was only loved by one.

That she was ugly, and useless. That no one would care. That she was just a princess, who had lost all her value.

She should've known better, she was a princess after all. However she had fallen, far deep into his trap. She wanted his gaze to stay onto herself, so she did what was asked, without a shame, without a thought.

She has given her wealth, whenever he asked. She seduces other princes for him to get his revenge. She gave him her body whenever he wants, and lets him push onto her, even when she doesn't want to.

It wasn't till rumours leak, did she started to fall, 'a wolf in sheep clothing, the spider widow. The man hunting witch who befall other women. One who lost her purity, to a man she hasn't married. If so, then how much time, has she done hideous acts to other men?'

Her pride fell to rock bottom, as she was berated from all side, not even that man consoled her in the end. He only said that, she was as awful as they say. That it was all her fault, far falling for him far. "Remember one fact, my dear little princess. I am the only one, who really cares for you. How about your siblings? Or your father, the king? They could easily tell those people off, yet they didn't. They've left you, my princess, and I'm the only one here left, who'd stand for you."

She should've known it was a lie

All of it was.

Yet she was so dumb, to fall to his hands. To cry and weep, to thank him for staying with her. To tell him she'd marry him the second she could.

And then the time came, when her tongue went loose. The time when she berated, her own Father for what he has done.

After all, he didn't stand up for her, yet had to gull to tell her what to do? Why should she ever even listen to him! Her anger had peaked, and her head wasn't true to itself.

She should've known better, than berate her own father.

The very next day, she knew far too late. Her tongue covered in salt, she couldn't even talk. It was cut off in public, to set an example to the crowd, that the King strict ruling, did not stop, at his children.

She could no longer talk, and she was no longer his daughter. Maybe not officially, but none sees her as such. No more was she respected, no more was she loved. She no longer could stand without hearing whispers in the crowd.

She couldn't talk, nor eat properly. Not even one helped her to do any. No one, beside her love, who told her that he'll make her so much happier.

She should've known something was wrong, when he looked angry and disappointed, when he had hit her and berated her, then suddenly say he'd bring her with him. When he said that she should be thankful, that "I'll bring you along to my escape."

"You should be thankful that I even want to bring a cripple like you."

She should've stopped loving him from then on, but her head was already empty. Empty and only filled, with love and guilt she had for him. She followed him like a chick, away from the castle, far into the woods and into the fields.

And now here she was

The once beautiful princess

Murdered, in all ways

By the man whom she loved.

She regretted her life,

She should've known better.

Her father had loved her,

Her siblings tried their best.

It was just the fact,

That she was too dumb to understand.

That day, she fell to a deep slumber, even with her eyes awake. She had breathed her last, with only regret in her mind...

Because of a toxic man, who held a toxic blade.