Chapter-13

Avni barged in his room. "Neil I have to tell you....." He didn't let her complete and  picked her up in his arms and twirled her in the air .
"Neil put me down, I have to tell you something," Avni squealed in laughter.

"It's important." He stopped and  made her sit on his lap comfortably then nodded for her to continue further.

Flashback ( 8 years ago)

It was raining heavily that day creating a perfect setup for a romantic evening. Avni hated concerts but for the first time she decided to go alongwith her friends. She had a very unusual feeling as if something was about to happen. She brushed aside her thoughts and strode down the hall.

She was a girl with many dreams, aspirations but her goal, her career it wasn't clear to her. Singing wasn't her thing, atleast she thought so.

"Avni thank god you're here," said one of her friends.

"This time I didn't force her then too she came with me," Tanya chimed in excitedly.

Mujhko Iraade De
Kasamein De, Waade De
Meri Duaaon Ke Ishaaron Ko Sahaare De

Avni was laughing when she suddenly heard 'a voice'. It was unusually soothing and made her calm.

Dil Ko Thikaane De
Naye Bahaane De
Khwaabon Ki Baarishon Ko
Mausam Ke Paimane De
Apne Karam Ki Kar Adaayein
Kar De Idhar Bhi Tu Nigaahein

For the first time her heart desired to get lost in his voice. She had to know the person behind that voice.

Sun Raha Hai Naa Tu
Ro Raha Hun Main
Sun Raha Hai Naa Tu
Kyun Ro Raha Hun Main

She ran as fast as she could, pushing the crowd aside only to find him.
Alas, he had already left.

She went to the backstage in the hope of finding him there.
This was crazy, she knew, this never happened with her but she had that uncontrollable urge to meet him.

She found her friend, Priya standing near the stage.
"Hey Priya did you see that boy who just left the stage..." Avni asked impatiently.

"No, I didn't, his face was covered," she replied.

Avni was irritated, frustrated and what not. It wasn't Priya's fault but she needed to see him. She felt a strong connection with him alongwith that pain in his voice which tugged at the bottom of her heart.

"Avni you see that lady over there?" Priya pointed out towards a woman who was sitting in a car.

"She is his mom. I heard people saying that her name is Shweta Khanna," said Priya.

"I have to meet him," Avni rushed out of the hall but it was too late. He was gone, away from her.
Strangely, she felt a pang in her heart as if someone important was going away from her.
'If he wants...' she paused and  looked at the sky, 'then we'll meet again.'

Flashback ends

Neil was in tears after hearing her. Never in his wildest dreams he had thought that he would be her inspiration. He was completely speechless.
"Neil thank you so much." She hugged him with all her strength.
"I love you..." Her words were muffled as she hid her face in the crook of his neck. Neil held her gently caressing her back, he was elated, he couldn't express his feelings in words.
'Everything is going to be fine,' he was completely sure if it.
____________________________________

Avni's eyes glistened with unshed tears as she watched Tanya getting married to Ali.
She was so happy today.
She had finally met her inspiration and top of it he was the love of her life. She loved him. She wanted to shout it out to world, she wanted to write it on the sky. She loved him so much, more than anyone could ever imagine.

Her never ending trail of thoughts were broken when she felt Neil's cold fingers tracing random patterns on her waist.

He leaned towards her, "I can't wait to marry you.. " His lips brushed against her earlobe, making her shiver under his touch.

"Aren't you desperate, Tillu?" She emphasised the last word and looked at him teasingly.

Avni and Shweta had jelled up pretty quickly leaving Neil alone. He faked hurt but from inside he was delighted seeing the two most important women of his life together.

"I used to be a very patient man Avni but kya karu tumhare pyaar ne mujhe desperate bhi bana diya. I'm madly in love with you to be Mrs. Avni Neil Khanna," he replied, sincerity clearly visible in his eyes.

"Feelings are mutual Mr. Khanna," Avni winked at him.

"Vivaah sampann hua...." The pandit's voice brought them out of their la-la land.

Everyone had a smile on their face except one.
Pappu stood in a corner with a frown.
"Ab toh sab ki setting ho gayi, meri bhi toh koi picture set kara do," he shouted and all the family members broke into fits of laughter.

"Mohtaaj manzil ka toh nahi hai
Ye ek tarfa mera safar, safar
Khoobsurat hai manzil se bhi"

******************************************
And finally we are at the end of this book!!!😥

Thanks to each one of you who took out time to read and appreciate this book. 😊

My heartfelt gratitude to all the readers who  supported me throughout this journey. It wouldn't have been possible without your encouragement.❤️

P.S. Epilogue will be updated soon.

Love y'all!!!

🎶💙