Chapter-11

"Hey Neil what are you doing over there? Come join us," said Tanya to Neil who was busy on his laptop.

All the youngsters were sitting around the campfire playing 'Spin the bottle'.
This time the bottle pointed towards Avni.

"Truth or dare?" Ali asked.

"I'll go with the truth."

Ali glanced at Avni mischievously and she immediately regretted her decision.

"Have you ever been in love?"
Avni gasped in surprise at his blunt question. But nevertheless she chose to go with the truth.

"Yes" she stated.

Neil was shocked after hearing this.
'She loves someone. Have I lost her? But what if she is talking about me? He thought.
_______________________________________

"Avni you are ready na?" Tanya asked.

"Yes I am," said Avni while having a final look at herself in the mirror.

It was Tanya's plan off course to visit the carnival on the night before her marriage. She called it 'A girl's night out'.

"Yaar Tanu I don't want to go. You know na I don't like these kind of parties," Avni pleaded with her puppy dog eyes.

"No Avi this isn't going to work. You'll come with me aur kya pata tujhe tera pyar mil jaye," Tanya winked and nudged her elbow.

Avni smiled sadly thinking about the moments she had spent with Neil. He had been a little distant from her, lately. He always came up with one excuse or another to go away from her.
She was quite irritated with his behaviour but somewhere she knew that it was good for her.
'The less they spend time with each other, the better it was for both of them.'

"Chal Avniii. Let's go," Tanya shouted bringing Avni out of her reverie.

"Why are you shouting when I'm standing just beside you?" said Avni.

"Aise hi" replied Tanya innocently looking over at Neil and mouthed an 'All the best'.

Before Avni could understand what was going on Tanya pulled her towards the car.
_______________________________________

They both went inside while Avni tried her best to hide herself so that no one could recognise her.
As they both settled themselves on the chairs, Avni couldn't contain her curiosity and asked,"Why did you wish Neil 'all the best'?

"That you'll get to know soon cutie," Tanya said and pulled her cheeks.
"Let's dance." Tanya held her hand and pulled her to the dance floor.

Kaafira to chaldiya iss safar ke sang

She let herself forget all her worries and drown into the moment.
Her body swayed to the beats of the songs, her hairs dancing along with her as she twirled.

Manzilein na dor koi leke apna rang
Rahoon main malang, malang, malang

Then as a fresh swept of air she was pulled back against a hard chest.
It felt like home.

Rahoon main malang, malang, malang
Main malang, haaye re

He turned her, sparks flew as their eyes met.

Roobaru khudse hua hoon
Mujhe mein mujhko tu mila 

"Neil..." she whispered.
'Is it a dream? If it was then she surely didn't want to come out of it.'

She wanted to create memories with him which she could cherish forever.

Roobaru khudse hua hoon
Mujhe mein mujhko tu mila

She leaned on his chest inhaling his  manly scent which made her insides tingle. She listened to his heartbeats which felt soothing to her ears.
His hands automatically went on her waist securing her from all the evils of the world.

Badalo ke iss jahan mein, aasmaan tujhmein mila
Pighli hai ab raat bhi, hai seher bhi ye nam

She pulled back to look at him, her eyes never leaving his. Their bodies were moving in a sync, they fitted together just like the missing pieces of  puzzle.

Naa khuda main to raha, ban gya tu dharam

Neil left her waist while Avni frowned missing his warmth.
He got down on his knees, with a beautiful ring in his hand.

Rahoon main malang, malang, malang

The diamond on the ring was of a chocolate brown colour which reminded him of his eyes. He looked at her with so much love that it made her heart ache.

Rahoon main malang, malang, malang
Main malang, haaye re

"I never thought that I'll be saying this to someone but now I am..... so I'm glad that it's going to be you.
Avni I love you and I'll keep doing it for the lifetime. Will you marry me?"

The crowd started cheering for them.
"Say yes" everyone shouted.
But to everyone's surprise, Avni did something unexpected.
She started hitting him on his chest with her hands.

"You duffer, idiot couldn't you say this before. I thought you didn't love me."
Tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks. He pulled her in a tight hug, wiping her tears, whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

"Why do you think so much? Apne iss dimag ko thoda Aram do," Neil chuckled.

"I love you so much," she confessed, clinging onto him like a baby.
_______________________________________

Two people who love each other unconditionally, sitting under a sky full of stars. What a beautiful scene right?

Avni was gazing at the sky while Neil was looking at her.

"Why are you staring at me?" she asked.

"I wonder how can someone be so beautiful," he replied dreamily.

She looked at him, their eyes met, he bent forward and took her lips in his.
The kiss was out of pure love and a promise to always be with each other.

Avni literally felt fireworks exploding beneath her eyelids. Heat coursed through her veins such that she felt her body on fire. He peppered soft kisses on her face as he made his way down her neck leaving a burning trail behind.

His kiss was soft yet passionate, his touches possesive as if he was branding her.

She closed her eyes cherishing the kiss that they just shared moments ago.
'Was it the toe curling kiss that people often spoke about in novels?
Oh, hell it surely was.'

Neil carefully lifted her hand and placed it on his heart.

"What do you feel?" He asked

"Your heartbeats," answered Avni.

"Yes, which beats only to your name. And despite your eyes being closed, how did you know that?" asked Neil.

"How?" asked Avni.

"Because you could feel it. Most of the beautiful things in this world are not seen but are just felt; love being the prime among them."

"How come you are so romantic?" asked Avni.

"Oh, that comes naturally to me," said Neil and winked at her.

Avni laughed heartily that stirred something deep inside Neil.

He would do anything in this world just to see her laugh.

"Zameen pe na sahi
Toh aasmaan mein aa mil
Tere bina guzara
Ae dil hai mushkil"

************************************
Hope you enjoyed the chapter! 😊

Don't forget to vote and comment.

🎶💙