Chapter-8

"Neil,you like Avni?" asked Tanya when she saw him sitting in a corner looking at her.

"What type of question is this?" Neil asked with suprise.

"Oh! Come on me and Ali have noticed the way you both look at each other and then yesterday you both were having a peaceful conversation in the garden. What do you make of this?" Tanya narrowed her eyes at him.

"Yes, I do like her," he admitted.

"I knew this," she said and hugged him.
"Avni is just like my sister. Keep her happy," she further added.

'I don't know if this is love or not but one thing is sure thai I do like her and she is one of those people whom I want in my life,' he thought looking at Avni who was busy applying mehendi on her hands.

She felt someone looking at her, she knew who it could be and turned to find him staring at her with a smile on his face.
'Why is he always staring at me?'
The way he looked at her made her feel as if she was the only girl in the world.
He made her go through some unknown emotions which she hadn't experienced before, without any effort.

His husky tone was alluring just like  him and it was enough to send her into a world of bliss where she didn't visit often.
'Neil what are you doing to me?' she sighed.

"Whose name do you want me to write on your mehendi?" asked the woman.

"Neil" she replied in a daze.

"Wait wait!!" She told the woman but it was too late.
_______________________________________

'I am thirsty but my hand are still wet with this mehendi, now what should I do?' thought Avni.

Teri baarishein bhigaaye mujhe
Teri hawaaein bahaaye mujhe

She turned back and saw Neil coming towards her.
"Neil could you please..."

Paaon tale mere
Zameenein chal padi
Aisa to kabhi hua hi nahi

"Shhhh" he whispered and kept his fingers on her lips.

Ae mere dil mubarak ho
Yahi toh pyar hai
Ae mere dil mubarak ho
Yahi toh pyar hai

His hand went on her waist while she was busy looking in his brown orbs which beheld an unknown emotion.
'Was it love?'

Ishq mubarak
Rang mubarak
Ishq mubarak
Rang mubarak

His intense gaze pierced hers as if he could read her mind which made her conscious.

Aisa lagta hai kyun
Teri aankhen jaise
Aankhon mein meri reh gayi

She gulped the lump in her throat when his hands touched her bare back.

Kabhi pehle maine na suni
Aisi baatein keh gayi

Suddenly he pulled up the zipper of her dress which had slightly come down.

Tu hi tu hai jo har taraf mere
Toh tujhse pare main jaaun kahan

"So you were saying something?" He asked as his hands rested on either sides of her.

"Vo.. main bhul gayi," she fumbled and lowered her eyes .

Mere dil mubarak ho
Yahi toh pyar hai
Ae mere dil mubarak ho
Yahi toh pyar hai

Their proximity was not doing any good to her.
How she wished that the ground would open up and swallow her inside.

"Badam khaya karo," he patted her cheeks lovingly.
"Vese your mehendi is really looking nice," he complimented her with a mischievous grin.

'Oh shit!!!'
_______________________________________

"Avni I'm so excited to hear you tomorrow," said DD.

"Actually I'm afraid for tomorrow as I don't have a partner with me," she replied nervously.

"Oh come on you forget your friend, Pappu. Let me sing a song-
'Sun Raha Hai Naa Tu
Ro Raha Hun Main
Sun Raha Hai Naa Tu
Kyun Ro Raha Hun Main....'

Neil's face got pale after hearing him.
'Why only this song? Whenever I try to forget my past those memories always come back trickling in,' he went from there before anbody could see him.

Avni had already noticed him.
'What happened to him all of a sudden?' she thought while going behind him.

She went inside and heard a voice.
Avni couldn't help but get a feeling of de-ja-vu after hearing that voice. It reminded her of someone, her inspiration.
She followed the voice and entered in a room. It was dark inside while the curtains were blowing because of the wind. She went towards the window and saw a silhouette of a man who was singing.

As he finished Avni started clapping loudly.
Neil was shocked to see someone else present in the room other than him.

"OMG Neil you are so good! Damn your voice," she said excitedly.
"Will you be my partner for tomorrow? Please" she requested.

She was continuously blabbering unaware of the storm which was building inside him.

"Avni go from here," he said sternly.

"I am requesting you to sing with me and you are telling me to go," she replied.

"Avni just get out," he shouted on the top of his voice.

Without saying anything, Avni stormed out of the room. She was angry on him for shouting at her but she went from there so that he couldn't see the tears which were about to fall.

"Mujhe aazmaati hai teri kami
Meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi"

************************************
Don't forget to vote and comment.😁

🎶💙