Chapter - 3

"Avni, have you invited your friend who lives in Singapore?" Neela asked, making Avni snap out of her thoughts.

"Yes ma I had a talk with him yesterday. He said he'll come but it took a lot of time to convince him", said Avni.

"Why? " Tanya enquired.

"Actually he hates marriages kyunki koi ladki usse shaadi ke liye taiyaar hi nahi hoti so he thinks that he'll die as a bachelor ", Avni chuckled, looking at her.

"Just like popatlal", Tanya pointed out.

"Girls we are here", Neela shouted cheerfully.

"This is so beautiful ", Avni exclaimed in delight.
"Vese Tanu jeeju kab aayenge?" she asked with a mischievous grin.

"He'll be here by the evening", she blushed and ran from there to avoid any more embarrassment.
_______________________________________

"Kitna sundar jagah hai yeh, Neil sir come fast", DD shouted as he ran ahead of him.

Neil was laughing at his excitement. He was going behind him when suddenly he heard some giggles coming from the back of the palace.

Tere dar par sanam chale aaye
Tu na aaya toh hum chale aaye
Chale aaye, chale aaye

Before he could comprehend anything, he was already walking towards the voice or rather the owner of the that voice.

Bin tere koi aas bhi na rahi
Itne tarse ke pyaas bhi na rahi

He didn't know why his heartbeats were increasing as he was getting closer.

Ladkhadaye kadam chale aaye
Chale aaye, chale aaye
Tere dar par sanam chale aaye
Tu na aaya toh hum chale aaye

There was a group of girls and boys standing beside the pool. He was approaching them when someone pushed him inside.

He was about to shout but stopped when he saw a girl laughing. She was looking gorgeous in her pastel color outfit. Neil was ogling her like a love smitten puppy, he had never seen someone so breathtaking as her.

"Why did you pushed me inside?" he frowned as he gained back his composure.

"Yeh hamari taraf se special welcome hai ladke waalon ke liye", she laughed and winked at him.

After hearing this, his frown changed into a smirk. He came out of the pool and inched closer towards her.

"Hey don't come close to me. I'm getting wet." With every step he took Avni was nervous as she was feeling some unknown emotions due to their closeness.

"Acha to puri bheeg jao", he pulled her with him in the pool.

The crowd started cheering but they were lost in each other as if they were long lost lovers.
His hands were on her bare waist to prevent her from falling due to the weight of her dress while her hands were on his shoulders.

The moment got spoiled by Tanya who was calling them since last 2 minutes. Avni came out from her la-la land and looked at her dress.

"Hey Mr.you spoiled my dress. This was my favourite", she shouted and held his collars.

"It was not my fault, you started this."
They both started arguing in the pool itself.

"Neil Avni I'm shouting since 5 minutes. You both are coming out or should I arrange a candle light dinner for you", Tanya shouted on the top of her voice.

They both came out while making weird faces at each other.

"Why are you all shouting? " they heard a voice and found Ali walking towards them.
He introduced Neil to Avni as Tanya had already met him.

DD came there after sometime only to get the biggest shock of his life.

"Avni Mehta my favorite singer. Omg am I dreaming! ", he squealed in excitement.

"No DD you're not. Avni is Tanya's best friend", Ali replied.

"But Ali bhai you never told me about this, I'm hurt", he complained while making a sad face.

"This was a surprise, buddhu", Ali laughed.

Everybody was happy except one, Neil.
'So she is the famous singer which DD was talking about, the other day. I'll have to maintain a distance from her. I don't want to remember those moments when I know that I can't bring them back again. I wish things would have been different ', he sighed.

When he was lost in his thoughts Avni went towards him.
"You ruined my dress. Now see what I'm going to do", she smiled coyly.

While Neil was just standing there with an open mouth staring at her retreating figure.

'This girl is truly an ajooba.'

"Tu safar mera
Hai tu hi meri manzil
Tere bina guzara
Ae dil hai mushkil"

************************************
How was the chappy ? 🤔

Drop your views and don't forget to vote and share this book. 😊

🎶💙