Chapter-2

"DD take these culprits with you."

"Okay sir."

ACP Neil Khanna one of the best police officers in Mumbai had finally arrested the culprits of a murder case which was the talk of the town.

Walking on the streets lost in his thoughts he had a miserable look on his face.

The pouring rain took him to that eventful day if his life when he was living his dream, his passion for the last time.

Life would have been completely different for him if he'd have listened to his heart. He was happy being a police officer but still his heart was not at peace.

How he wished he could turn back the clock and go in the past.

He always carried a smile on his face... but you can't hide anything from your mom right?
Shweta had noticed the pain behind his smile. He was smiling just to keep her happy.

She didn't had any choice rather than stopping him from doing what he liked the most.

While walking in the rain he saw a boy singing on the footpath. He was surrounded by a few people who were appreciating his vocals.

Seeing that boy he went into the memories of his beautiful past when he also used to sing without his mom knowing.

He was feeling jealous of him, it isn't that he was envious because of his singing ability but the matter was something else.....
He always found himself walking down the memory lanes which he didn't want to visit often.

He entered the police station only to find Ali leaning beside the table tapping his feet continuously.

"Neil where the hell were you? I was waiting for you since half an hour", he asked gritting his teeth.

"I had some important work", Neil replied casually.

"Okay so tomorrow we are leaving for Udaipur, you are coming right?" asked Ali as he settled himself on a chair besides him.

"Is that even a thing to ask?"
"Off course yaar kyunki finally mere yaar ki shaadi hai", he replied cheerfully.

"Oye mere year ki shaadi hai", they heard DD singing in his monotonous voice.

"You are looking more happier than me", Ali said and rolled his eyes.

"Off course Udaipur is such a beautiful place aur khane ke baare mein sochkar toh mere tummy mein abhi se chute dodne lage hai. "
There was no doubt that he loved food more than anything else.

" Vese I remembered something from rats. Bhabi see kab milwa rahe ho?" DD asked, twitching his eyebrows again and again.

"Rats, OMG Ali you are going to marry a rat!" saying this Neil broke into fits of laughter.

Ali began to speak, "Chidha lo , chidha lo mera bhi time aayega. BTW she is so beautiful just like a....."

"Rat", Neil prompted, not letting him continue further.

"Vese beautiful se yaad aaya, have you listened to Avni Mehta's new song? It's so amazing. " DD chirped excitedly just like a small  child.

Hearing him, Neil's face lost its color.
"Guys you carry-on, I have some important work", he left from there.

"Kya yaar DD you know that he gets upset....,"said Ali.

Neil was standing near the window watching the droplets strike on the glass surface.
Strangely he had never heard Avni's name before. Maybe because from that day onwards he had distanced himself from music.
It wasn't easy, going away from something which was once your life, your passion.

But little did he knew that the memories which he used to reminisce, which made him nostalgic, he was soon going to live them again.

************************************
Hope you liked it!!! 💞

Don't forget to vote and comment.

🎶💙