"I know. I just worry about the day the prophecy will need to be fulfilled. Raziel has gone to endless lengths to stop it." Alexander had slight tears in his eyes when he looked up at Magnus. 

The latter just cupped his cheek and planted a protective kiss on his forehead, "I know, my love. I can never forget that day either." They joined their foreheads with their eyes closed as their minds took them to a day from thousands of years ago.

The Angel Realm; 9700 years ago

The ballroom bustled with chatters and laughter and music arranged because of yet another one of Raziel's fancy galas. Everyone in the realm knew how much he loved such parties.

"Well, your father certainly went a tad overboard," Lucifer mumbled to Alec beside him as the best friends stood in the middle of the room, smiling and greeting the nobles.

"Well, of course, mother and he are certainly not on good terms these days and I think he is trying to woo her or something, " Alexander replied rolling his eyes. Lucifer snorted before his eyes fell on someone that made him glare in distaste.

"He certainly had to be here." He commented making Alexander realize who his childhood friend was talking about. He put a sympathizing hand on Lucifer's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, my friend. I know you fancy my sister but she is with Caige now. She tells me he makes her happy." He voiced hoping to console him.

Lucifer sighed, "Well, as long as she is happy." He spoke lowly. 

Alexander felt terrible for him, Lucifer had been their childhood friend, and ever since then, he adored Isabelle. But alas, Isabelle was now spoken for by General Caige.

"Speaking of people we fancy..." Lucifer's voice broke Alec out of his thoughts as his eyes fell on the man who just entered the room gathering most of the attention towards himself. 

Alexander felt his heart skip a beat when he saw Magnus. He looked astounding. 

"Darling, Alexander, don't stand here and stare, instead you should go talk to him." Alec looked at him wide-eyed, his voice had been successfully heard by Magnus who now looked at the Lightwood and smirked. 

"Shut up, people would gossip!" Lucifer snorted.

"Angel Realm is not barbaric, Alec, leave the gossiping to your father's pesky humans." Lucifer rolled his eyes at the pointed glance he received from Alec.

Before Alexander could say anything further, Magnus joined them, which caused the elder Lightwood's heart rate to increase and Magnus was well aware of his affections.

"Gentlemen, " Magnus greeted the two and only Lucifer replied because Alec was too busy staring at him, "Alexander?" Magnus called out breaking him from his daze.

"Y-yes?" He stuttered which made Lucifer stifle a laugh. 

"Maybe you could brighten my evening by accepting this dance with me?" He asked, politely putting his hand forward. 

"Y-yes, of course." Alexander was flustered as he took Magnus's hand and joined him on the dance floor. 

Lucifer let out a snicker seeing Alexander so nervous.