Twenty Three

OUTSIDE THE Primary Flight Deck, the Doctor, Amy, River and Octavian were trying to find a way to get inside.

"It doesn't open it from here, but its the Primary Flight Deck. This has got to be a service hatch or something" Octavian muttered, just loud enough for the others to hear.

"Hurry up and open it. Time's running out" River instructed, Octavian grunting in response.

"What? What did you say? Time's running out, is that what you said?" The Doctor chimed in, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah, I just meant-"

"I know what you meant. Hush. But what if it could?" The Doctor seemed to be deep in thought.

"What if what could?"

"He means time, River. What if time could run out" Amy repeated the Doctor's words.

"Got it" Octavian's voice called out, he'd managed to open the hatch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the forest, the soldiers began to report more sightings of Angels coming closer towards them.

"Angels advancing, sir"

"Over here again"

"What is going on? I can't see anything, just tell me what's going on for goodness sake!" Pip cried out in anger, she hated feeling useless.

"Keep your position, and ma'am, keep your eyes shut. Wait-" Marco was cut off by a bright light, which was beginning to cover the entire forest.

"The ship's not on fire, is it?" Marco called out to the soldiers worriedly.

"It can't be. The compressors would have taken care of it. Marco, the Angels have gone. Where'd they go?"

The Angels had, obviously, disappeared.

"I take it the Angels have gone, then?" Pip asked.

"There's still movement out there, but away from is now. It's like they're running" Marco informed her.

"Question is, what are they running from?" Pip muttered, her anger fading slightly.

"Phillip, Crispin, need to get a closer look at that" Marco instructed, although again, Pip had no idea what they were talking about.

"What do you need to look at? What's there then?"

"Its like, I don't know, a curtain of energy, sort of shifting. Makes you feel weird, sick" Marco attempted to describe what he was currently seeing, which didn't really help the brunette at all.

"Maybe that's what scared the Angels?" She asked herself, Pedro hearing her.

"What could scare those things?" He scoffed.

"Well, a curtain of energy, apparently" she snapped sarcastically, scoffing back afterwards.

A few moments after, Pip became incredibly fed up of seeing nothing but darkness. She needed to see it, the energy. She just needed to see what was going on.

She stood up, and walked cautiously forward. Marco saw this, and panicked.

"What are you doing?"

"Point me at the light"

"You can't open your eyes"

"Actually, I can't open them for more than a second. Haven't fully used up my countdown yet, Sonny Jim"

"Ma'am, you can't-"

"I've got to see what's going on. Am I facing the right way? I'd better be, or this would be a waste of countdown"