Chapter Forty: The Curing

Start from the beginning

        "Eren was bite, well still is bit, but he has had it since before we met him, before we met you," she explains. Marco's face twists in confusion. 

        "How is that possible?" He asks.

        [Name] shrugs. "That's what we all though when he found out. So they locked him in a cage-thingy for a week and he still hadn't turned. He is immune to it, the zombie virus or whatever."

        Marco is shocked and surprised. "Wow, that's, great."

        [Name] nods in agreement. "Really great. Hanji was able to use Eren's blood to make a cure and it works, obviously. Now we are trying to make it airborne so we can effect millions at the same time, that's why we were at the mall. We had to get supplies for it."

        Marco barely smiles at her, "Well, I'm glad you did." [Name] gives him a faint smile back and leads him to the kitchen, assuming he might be hungry. She opens the fridge and looks for something -- anything that he might want. Shrugging, [Name] grabs one of Connie's sandwiches and tosses it to Marco.

        [Name] walks over to a stool and sits next to Marco. Marco bites into the sandwich and makes a face. 

        "Is it that bad?" [Name] asks. Marco closes his eyes and swallows. 

        "It's better than human flesh," he mutters, taking another bite. 

        "Was it that terrible?" She asks quietly. Marco swallows and sighs. 

        "It was horrible," he corrects sadly, "I couldn't control myself, my body, or my mind. It was like being trapped in some psychopath's body."

        "Yeah, that's what Tyler said," [Name] sighs. 

        "Tyler?" 

        "He was the first once to be cured," [Name] informs, "do you want to meet him?"

        Marco finishes the sandwich and shakes his head. "No, that's fine. I'm just going to look around a little bit." 

        [Name] watches Marco stand up and walk away. He probably wants to be alone, and she doesn't blame him either. But overall, it's great that he's finally back. 

"So all this stuff is supposed to make it airborne?" Armin asks as Hanji connects two of the metal parts together. 

        "Something like that," Hanji answers, not taking her eyes off the parts. 

        "How does it work?" 

        "Well, basically, I pour the cure into this--" Hanji points at a cone-like object with tubes connecting at the bottom of it"--and it sort of does it's own thing with the help of my awesome scientist abilities, it should work."

        "How long?" Levi asks. 

        "About a day at least. I'm not completely sure. The only other time I've used one of these was in college to make perfume."

        "Why the fuck would  you make perfume with that?"

        Hanji glares at Levi. "I wanted it to smell extra nice. Shut up." Levi rolls his eyes and walks out of the lab, leaving Armin and Hanji to put the machine together. 

* * *

A day pasts until the cure is officially airborne. At seven in the morning, and alarm Hanji set up goes off, waking everyone from their slumber. 

        "What is that?" Connie groans while rubbing his eyes. Everyone is lazily walking towards the sound, half awake. Suddenly an excited non-tired Hanji comes running past them into the lab. Seconds later the loud, annoying, alarm sound is gone.