"I hope you're right." I said with a sigh. "It'd be nice to have him stop calling me ... uh, names." I decided to leave off any if the things he's been calling me, though 'pig fucker' and 'dog rapist' were a couple of his favorites. "Thank you for trying to talk with him." I said, giving her a soft smile. She smiled back and at me and nuzzled into my neck. "I don't think he's a bad person. He's just afraid of what he doesn't understand. I want you to have your brother back.

I can see the hurt it causes you for things to be like they are, and I don't like it when you hurt." I gave her a grin. "Aww well, I'm not so hurt!" I kissed her cheek, and then sobered a bit. "Do you think our babies are alright?" I asked, my hand squeezing her side lightly. Then I frowned. "I don't know if I can forgive him if he causes you to lose more children. I don't want you to have to hurt that way anymore." The Seer's warning about two children causing us 'grief' came back to me. Her smile slipped. "I don't know." She admitted with a hand over her stomach.

"The blow was high. It shouldn't have interfered directly but there was a lot of trauma, and I bled a lot. We used to have a woman who specialized in these things I could go to, but she was killed by one of HyunSuks' men when she birthed a fifth daughter to him. We've been without a specialist since then." I sighed heavily. "Well, if our babies aren't alright I'll still be here for you, Jennie. And we can try again when you're ready, if you still want to have more." I kissed her cheek again and gave her a small smile that I forced to get wider.

"In the meantime, we'll assume they're alright, stay positive!" I nuzzled her neck a little. "And get you to rest. I can tell you're still hurting you know." I said, a little scolding, a little teasing. "What, I'm fine!" She declared and leaned into me with a shoulder. "It barely feels like I was skewered by a sword at all." She actually laughed, which was a nice sound from her, considering how worried I knew she was about the current situation.

We spent the evening watching the kids romp and hearing them chatter loudly. It was easy to be happy and put aside our troubles with them to play with. They didn't leave much room for deep, dark thoughts as they demanded stories, games of hide and seek, tag, and general running around. I read a chapter to them as usual before bed, and then Jennie and I tucked them all in.

Jennie and I cuddled up into bed. I insisted on spending some time petting and talking with her. We'd obviously not made love since the fight with the army, but I still enjoyed having alone time with her. I talked about gathering the baby things the Seer needed, and making the trip up to see her when Jennie was feeling better. We talked a bit about Rosie's coming delivery.

We talked about other things too, but it seemed to me we were kind of dancing around our fears for the unborn children by talking about other babies and the children we already had. We fell asleep after a while, but didn't get to stay that way. Seulgi came knocking at the door well into the night. I answered, since Jennie was still moving slowly, though we'd both woken up.

I wasn't expecting good news, it seemed to me few things happened in the middle of the night that required people to be woken that were good. I worried Bam had done something stupid and hurt himself, or that something had happened to Rosie. "I'm here to stay with the children. Rosie wants you and Jennie at her and Jisoo's house, she's been in labor for a while now." Seulgi said, and I ran upstairs to get Jennie and get myself dressed. "Rosie's gone into labor, she wants us both I guess.

Seulgi's here to stay with the children." I told Jennie quickly. She'd been woken by the knocking too, and I'd told her to wait and let me find out what it was all about. Jennie hopped out of bed, shifting from her werewolf form to her wolf form before she'd hit the ground. She still moved stiffly, but she was more agile in her smaller form. "Poor girl is probably terrified. It's always frightening the first time." She said as she followed me to the door, and then out into the brisk night air. "Have you been to many births?"