i s a

"What do you think they look like?" Beverly pulled the cigarette between her fingers away from her lips, puffing out smoke.

Richie watched the smoke dissolve into the air.

"Like, what do you think green looks like?" She looked up at the freckled boy.

"I've heard it's relaxing." Richie shrugged, plucking a blade of grass.

"What about red?" She sat up and faced Richie, who was putting his glasses back together after they had fallen apart for the third time that morning.

"I feel like it's bright," He clicked them back together and put them on. "Like burn your cornea bright."

"I think it's dark." Beverly stared up at the gray sky, tapping the ashes off her cigarette.

Beverly and Richie had a patch of grass that they loved to lay in and talk about colors. The colors neither of them had ever seen. They were sixteen and neither of them had found their soulmate yet. Most of the kids in their class were starting to find theirs. They'd hear all about green, yellow, pink and red. How bright and pretty they were. Richie was jealous, he wanted to have a favorite color, just like the other kids. But the only two colors he'd ever know were black and white.

He'd grown tired of just hearing about them, he wanted to see them for himself.

"That's enough of your cancer stick for today." Richie pulled the cigarette away from the red heads hand.

They both got up and started towards school where they met up with Stan and Bill.

It was another day of Richie annoying Stan and listening to Bill struggling to tell him to stop.

Most people at school were already walking around with their soulmate. You could hear them laugh in amazement at the new colors they'd been introduced to. Richie was jealous, he wanted to walk hand in hand and smile like an idiot as he and his soulmate explored colors.

He noticed that most people dated around to find their soulmate as quickly as possible, but it was in more of a selfish attempt to see color rather than to find their soulmate. Richie never did that. He wanted it to happen naturally, he knew his person would come along eventually.

im so bad at third person intros im so sorry but here's a reddie book

i apologize if this doesn't live up to your expectations

i just wanted to try something different and ive been wanting to write a reddie book cuse i like the idea of them being together