Convincing Cedric

Sofia made her way to Cedrics workshop. She thought of the perfect plan, his sister!

Sofia hoped that by telling Cedric how to mend his sisters hair would restore his confidence.

"Hello, Cedric, are you in here?" Sofia unlocked the door and let herself in.

"Child, do you not see that this workshop is locked for a reason?" A cold voice drawled. The man came into the working area.

"Hello Cedric." Sofia wasnt fazed by his glaring self.

"Who are you, villiage girl?" Cedric asked looking bored.

"Im the new Lady Sofia, and I heard all about you." Sofia smiled.

Cedric scoffed, "I bet you have. The good for nothing sorcerer with no magic in his body."

"Not what ive heard. I came by to introduce myself. The Amulet of Avalor chose me, but thats no big deal." Sofia lifted the amulet up and held it in front of the mans face.

"Amulet.. How do you know about that?" Cedrics interest was peeked and Sofia couldnt help but smile.

"I read a lot in the villiage library on laws in our kingdom. But I also know about the fued between you and your sister; Cordelia." Sofia stated.

"Like you could help with that." Cedric scoffed.

"I can, if you let me." Sofia replied.

"How dare you come in here and tell me all these lies!" Cedric yelled.

"Ok, I see I touched a nerve. Im sorry Cedric. I know you have the makings of a great sorcerer, you were never given the chance." Sofia replied.

Cedrics jaw dropped, "you are the very first one to believe in me, Lady..."

"Sofia, Cedric." The girl shook his hand.

At that, Cedrics expression changed from annoyance to confusion. "Princess?"

Sofia gasped, "you remember!"

A smile spread across Cedrics face. "How could I forget my friend! But what happened?"

"A genie granted me a wish that I never intended to come true. It was only wishful thinking." Sofia laughed nervously.

"What did you wish for?"

"My father and Queen Loreili to be alive again." Sofia blushed.

"That explzins everything. When your wish was granted, we were plunged into Fantasy Land." Cedric groaned.

"I know. Matilda told me. I need your magical help. Loreli and Edward are not how me or others remember them." Sofia sighed.

"We cant tip off the Queen. So, what should we do?" Cedric asked.

"I...dont know." Sofia sighed. "I was hoping you'd have an idea."

*

"Miranda, how was the palace?" Edward asked.

"It was nice, now come on. The shoes won't sell themselves." Moranda smiled.

"Very true."

"Edward, how do you feel about Sofia moving out?" Miranda needed to gauge her "husbands" reaction.

"A bit upset. But, my little girl is growing up. She'll have more than we did." Edward shrugged.

"True. So, when are you thinking of setting sail?" Miranda began to polish the shoes in the window.

"Setting sail?" Edward looked confused.

Miranda narrowed her eyes slightly.

Edward coughed, "oh, Im sorry my dear. I was lost in thought. I was thinking in a couple days."

"I see." Miranda was not convinced. The real Edward would never set sail on such short notice.

*

"Ugh, this isnt helping!" Sofia groaned slamming a book shut.

Cedric rolled his eyes. The two were in his workshop sifting through magic books. "My library is limited. Maybe if we went to Hexley Hall..."

"That would work, if I was a princess.  Cedric a mere Lady will never be allowed." Sofia groaned. "I almost lost my amulet there."

"Fine. I will go myself. Now, hang tight, did the genie give you a time limit?"

Sofia nodded. "Three days."

"Thats generous. Ok, I should be back by dinner." Cedric waved his wand and he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Sofia sighed, "now what can I do?" The young girl left the workshop and took a walk in the garden.

It was then she saw Queen Loreli bent over a fountian. And when she spoke, it was a deep but familiar voice.

Sofia stopped in her tracks to listen. "You said the pesky girl wouldnt be able to reverse this!" Queen Loreli growled.

Thinking quickly, Sofia crawled closer to listen in. "I underestimated her, as have you...in the past." A voice replied from the water.

Sofia gasped "Dad?"

Queen Loreli sighed, "we have to find a way to stop her. I see shes been reversing the memories of those closest to her. Tilly is proving to be a challenge."

"As is Miranda." Edward replied.

Loreli scoffed, "you have to do something!"

"In my defense its hard to research a man who isnt in the record books." Edward growled.

"You were the one who tricked Fritz here, not me!" Loreli snapped.

Sofia gasped, she was right! Loreli and Edward are disguises, but who are they really?

Sofia quickly left the garden and returned to her room. "I have to find a way to reverse this spell! I cant live in this Fantasy Land forever!"

A knock sounded. "Come in."

Baileywhick walked in. "Lady Sofia, the queen has asked for you."

"Where can I find her?" Sofia asked

"Throne room."

"Ill be there soon." Sofia answered.

"I would be happy to escort you." Baileywhick answered.

"Oh, ok."  I hope Cedric returns soon. Sofia thought to herself.