Learn the Voodoo

Ok, so this is the first chapter of this. It was an idea originally for a oneshot, but what the heck. Enjoy.

Life is never fair for some. Izuku Midoriya learned this hard reality at the age of 5 when he was diagnosed quirkless. On the day he was told this, his mother thought it would be best to bring him to a local library. "Alright sweetie, go through and pick out whatever book you like." "Thanks mom." Izuku walked deep into the library to find something to try and get his mind off the sad news he was given just a few hours ago. For as long as he remembered, Izuku wanted to be a hero and save people just like his favorite pro All Might. Now he has to accept the fact that this may never happen.

As he pulled himself out of his thoughts, the young boy found himself in a different corner of the library than he's used to. While trying to find his way back, a giant book nearly hit him on the head to make him jump ten feet. "What's this?" Izuku looked at the book to begin reading the title. "Voodoo for Beginners?" He began to open the book and read inside. He found a little of how to make voodoo dolls, ways to use magic, and even how to read cards to bend the future in his favor. Suddenly, Izuku's dark future became a little brighter. "Izuku sweetie, where are you?" Izuku closed the book and held it above his head to show his mom.

"There you are sweetie, did you find a book you like?" Izuku nodded and showed her the oversized book. Inko looked at the book and was a bit skeptical. "I'm not sure this is the book for you honey." "Please mom, I want to learn from this book." Izuku looked at his mother with puppy dog eyes hoping she'd say yes. "Mmmm ok. But I don't want you to be turning our neighbors into shrunken heads or anything." "Thanks mom." They checked the book out with the librarian even offering to give the book to Izuku since it's one that doesn't leave here so much. That night, Izuku began learning everything he could from the book hoping to become an expert at voodoo magic. 'With this, I may be able to become a hero yet.'

2 years later

Ever since Izuku obtained his opening to the world of voodoo, he began to dabble in anything related to the dark arts that he could to become a hero. One day, his childhood friend now turned bully Katsuki Bakugou had been picking on a kid for some unknown reason with Izuku not enjoying it one bit. "Hey! Leave them alone!" Izuku came over with a small bag of things he found while looking for some ingredients in a voodoo spell. "Well if it isn't Deku. Get out of the way, or you're next." Izuku put the bag down and grabbed a doll out of his picket that looked like Bakugou. "What are you gonna do with that? Make a tea party with it?"

Bakugou began to laugh until Izuku pulled a hair out of the ash blond to put it on the doll. "YOU REALLY WANNA FIGHT DEKU!?" "You don't know what you're dealing with." Izuku used the doll's right arm to suckerpunch to the left. "OW!" Bakugou seemed to be moving on his own with Izuku making the left now move to the right. "OW! QUIT IT BAKUGOU!" "IT'S NOT ME! IT'S GOTTA BE DEKU!" They got up and prepared to attack Izuku. "Anyone want a... SHRUNKEN HEAD!" Izuku pulled the head out to make the two run in fear of the dried up thing.

Bakugou quickly found himself fighting the little boy alone now with holding out the palms of his hands. "I DON'T NEED THOSE EXTRAS! I CAN FIGHT YOU MYSELF!" Izuku took out a needle and warned Bakugou in advance. "Beware Kaachan, what happens to this doll happens to you. So what will happen when I stick a needle in it?" Bakugou ignored the warning with Izuku poking the dolls backside to make Bakugou jump ten feet in pain. "OOOWWW!" "Wanna see it happen again?" The blond finally pulled back swearing this isn't over yet while doing so. "Didn't think so."

Izuku turns around for the kid to run in fear. "AAHHH! HE'S A FREAK!" The greenhead held his head down in sadness as this is said. "I just saved you and you call me a freak? That hurts in here." Izuku points at his chest before grabbing his things and leaving for home. When he gets inside, he says hello to his mother before heading into his basement with all his dark arts stuff inside. He placed his bag down on a bench while reading from a book he obtained in his travels. "Ok, a lizard tail, eye of a newt, hyena hair, and last but not least blood of a lamb." He places everything in a cauldron with it glowing green. "Alright, lets see what we can do?" A small puff of smoke happened with the pot not boiling anymore.