Someone That I Needed

ابدأ من البداية

"Wocky, this way!" the brown pup said excitedly as he bounded towards the base of the cliffs where a pathway upwards was chiseled out. Rocky chased after the lab, now curious to see what was at the top. He watched in awe at how effortlessly Zuma made his way towards the top, jumping over stones here and there and shuffling up the path. "Hey! Wait up!" Rocky shouted from behind.

When Rocky finally reached the top of the climb, he saw Zuma sitting near the edge, flashing him a cocky smile. "There you are, dude! I wasn't sure if you had fallen or something and I was getting sleepy waiting on your slow tail," he joked. Rocky dropped into a crouch position, head lowered to the ground with his tail wagging wildly. "Oh I'm slow huh? I'd still start running if I were you Zuma." The lab yelped in surprise, barely dodging Rocky's lunge as he ran towards the edge of the plateau. Both pups laughed the whole way, Rocky nipping at Zuma's tail as they raced down the stretch of grassy field. The lab was so happy, not to mention proud of himself. He always loosens up around me... It's like when he spends time with me he sort of opens up  to me. He's actually smiling and enjoying himself for once so I must be doing something right.

Zuma was interrupted from his thoughts by a "WATCH OUT ZUMA," from behind him. Rocky tripped over a stone and collided with him, sending them tumbling to a halt. When Rocky opened his eyes again, he found himself staring up into Zuma's. Both pups were embarrassed by their position, yet neither one got up right away. Please don't notice my face, Zuma thought nervously as he felt his muzzle heating up. He could've sworn he noticed a blush on Rocky's face too, but dismissed the thought disappointedly.

Why isn't he getting off me?  Rocky thought to himself. And why don't I mind it...

Zuma didn't want to get up. He wished he could've stayed on top of Rocky, staring into his eyes forever. "Erm, Zuma? D-Didn't you...uh....want to show me something?"

He snapped out of it as Rocky wiggled out from underneath him. "Sowwy dude...y-yeah it's right this way," he said as he shook his head in embarrassment. The gray pup followed across the remaining field watching curiously as Zuma vanished into a thick tangle of leaves and undergrowth. Suddenly, he saw light breaking through the covering of green, realizing they were at an opening. "We're here," Zuma said faintly, breaking the silence.

Rocky couldn't believe his eyes, the opening put them out at the edge of the highest cliff on the island. He could see for miles in every direction. Off to one side, citizens of Adventure Bay were enjoying an evening out on the town. Off in the distance, he spotted another island with a red and white lighthouse on it. "Pwetty huh?" Zuma smiled. Rocky's mouth hung open in awe, still taking it all in.

The dying sun was slowly going down, as if sinking into the ocean. Its fiery red blaze fading out into oranges and yellows that bled into the sky all around. The cool evening sea reflected every drop of vibrant color on the horizon, lighting the waters in a dazzling gold that shimmered and sparkled with each rising and falling wave.

"Zuma, it's... it's beautiful." Rocky said stunned. "I've never seen anything like this. Did you find this place yourself?"

The lab settled himself down at the edge, motioning for Rocky to come sit by him. "Actually, yeah dude. It was a few months back. I was teaching Farmer Yumi how to sail. It was super windy and she got blown out and stwanded here. After I got here back safely, I came back to check it out. Ever since then it's sowta been my place to be alone. Whenever I need some time I come out here. I haven't told anyone else though, they'd never stop visiting," he chuckled.

Rocky smiled, feeling special for being the only one to know about it. He quietly walked over to the edge, sitting next to Zuma, who suddenly shuffled closer. "I hoped you'd like it, Wocky. Back when I took you to the beach I remember you not being as fond of it as I was."