Chase You Down

The pups had been playing at the beach for a while. Surfing, tag, sand castles, and frisbee had tired them out. After all the rescues they had, they deserved it. With only four of them on the team, they each had to work extra hard to carry the responsibilities. As Ryder and the others lay around enjoying one of the last warm days before autumn came, a loud growling from one of the pups suddenly broke the peaceful silence.

"Sounds like you pups are hungry!" Ryder laughed, sitting up in his beach chair.

"I could eat, what about something from Mr. Porter's?" Marshall suggested. 

Ryder laughed as the others all started to get up, clearly agreeing with the Dalmatian. 

As the Paw Patrol arrived at Mr. Porter's, the pups were greeted with four plates full of food. Mr. Porter had made them pasta, their favorite food, that had their mouths watering.

"Here you go pups!" He said as he sat the plates down in front of them.

"Thanks Mr. Porter", the pups all said in unison before turning back to their food to scarf it down. As the pups ate, he approached Ryder with a glass of lemonade for each of them. "Hey Ryder, got a minute to talk?" 

The boy turned from the pups to talk to Mr. Porter. "Of course, what's up?"

"Well I know Adventure Bay has its fair share of animals and pets, but I saw something strange earlier", Mr. Porter began. "There was this pup walking down the street this afternoon. He looked like a stray! He looked thin and hungry, and didn't have any tags or a collar. It was weird, he was checking out my restaurant from a distance. He may have just been passing through, but I'm worried that pup might've been looking for an easy steal or bite to eat. I'd stay here to watch the place, but I have a huge list of people to deliver food to tonight!"

Ryder was quiet for a moment as he listened to all of this, eyebrows scrunched together in thought. "Hmmm, that's weird. Zuma did say he thought he saw a strange, new pup earlier while at the beach. Can you describe the stray's appearance? Was he light grey with darker spots and white paws?"

Mr. Porter's face lit up in recognition, "that's exactly what he looked like! It must be the same one!"

Ryder nodded and thanked Mr. Porter for the information and for the pups' food before he and the other returned to the Lookout. Taking the elevator to the top, he pulled out his pup pad and pressed the central button. Each pup's tag blinked as they stopped their game of soccer in the grass. "Ryder needs us!" The pups took off towards the doors at the bottom of the tower. Skye, Chase, and Zuma arrived in the elevator waiting for Marshall, who was always last. 
They heard the "watch out" before Marshall had even rounded the corner. Every pup in the elevator braced for impact as Marshall collided with them, creating a pup pile in the elevator. 

Zuma sat up, groaning in pain. "Mawshall, will there evew be a day when you don't flatten us, dude?" 

The spotted pup sat up giggling, "Sorry Zuma, but somebody has to keep the elevator rides interesting, and you know I'm the best pup for the job haha". The others rolled their eyes as the elevator doors closed and they began their ascent. 

"Ready for action, Ryder sir!" Chase barked as they jumped into formation.

Ryder turned to them, pup pad in hand, to explain the plan he had come up with. "Thanks for hustling pups, slight change of plans for tonight. Do you remember what Zuma said he saw at the beach earlier today?"

All heads turned to Zuma as Chase piped up, "Yes, sir, he said he saw a stray up on the rocks. We never got a good look, though". 

Ryder nodded at the German Shepherd, "well as it turns out, that same pup passed by Mr. Porter's not too long after, so Zuma was right! We think he may be looking for an easy target to get food from, since he's a stray. We don't know for sure, he could have also found another place to take from. But the plan is to position ourselves at different food outlets around town and at Mr. Porter's in hopes to catch him. We don’t know any details about him yet, and he’s from the streets, so be careful.