Chapter 7

***TRIGGER WARNING****
!!THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SELF-HARM!!

Cameron's POV
It's been about an hour since we came back to our room from team bonding. Emily's watching something on the tv and I'm just scrolling through instagram. Suddenly my phone rang. It was Diane. Before I answered it I quickly got up and went to the balcony.

\\\ Diane/bold  Cameron/normal ///

"Hey babe"

"Don't 'hey babe' me, why were you sitting on that girl's lap?"

"What?"

"I saw one of your teammates story and you were sitting on a girl's lap"

"Diane..she's my teammate"

"BUT WHY WERE YOU SITTING ON HER LAP!?"

"CAUSE SHE SAT ON THE SWING THAT I WANTED TO SIT ON. IT'S NO BIG DEAL! CAN'T YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT SHE'S JUST A FRIEND?!"

"Yeah sure, whatever"

I sighed seeing that she hung up. I swear I can't have a day without her getting mad at me for some stupid reason. But I guess it's my fault, I shouldn't have sat on Sonnett's lap.

I stormed back inside and grabbed a towel, my toiletries and a new set of clothes.

"I'm gonna take a shower" I said and quickly walked into the bathroom before Emily could say anything.

I stripped out of my clothes and got in the shower letting the burning hot water hit my body as soon as I got in. I winced at how hot the water was but I didn't care that it hurt. I deserved it.

After about 20 minutes I got out of the shower, dried myself off and changed into the clothes that I brought into the bathroom with me. Except for my sweatpants.

I grabbed my little bag with my toiletries in it and grabbed my bestest friend out of it. A blade. I sat down on the toilet before bringing the blade to my thigh and sliding it across it over and over again. I didn't even notice that I had started crying until a tear dropped on my leg.

When I saw that blood was all over the floor I realized what I had done. I was clean for a year and now here I am again. I promised Kylee that I'd never cut again and I just broke that promise.

"Cam, you okay in there?" I heard Emily ask from the other side of the bathroom door but I didn't answer.

"Cam?" she asked again.

Soon enough the door opened but I didn't bother looking up since I knew it was Emily. I just dropped the blade to the floor and started crying even more.

"Oh Cameron" I heard her say very softly and I looked up to see that she was kneeling in front of me. "Let's get you cleaned up" she said. I was surprised by how calm she was but I'm sure she was freaking out on the inside.

I just nodded my head still sobbing. I got up and sat on the bathroom counter watching as she got the first aid kit out from the cabinet and started cleaning the scars on my leg before wrapping bandage around them.

"Thank you" I said as I pulled her into a hug resting my head in the crook of her neck.

"It's the least I could do" she said before lifting me up and walking out of the bathroom setting me down on her bed. She then sat down next to me and looked me straight in the eyes. "Now tell me what happened"

"Diane. She saw our picture on Alex's story and got pissed. I just don't understand how nothing I do is good enough. Not for her, not for my father, not for anyone. It's like I'm not good enough." I said while burrying my face in my hands trying not to cry. "I haven't told you about my family yet cause I didn't want you to look at me differently but I guess it's time to tell you now." I said looking at her and she seemed like she was paying full attention to me so I continued.