Chapter 6

Cameron's POV
A week has passed and I'm getting comfortable with the team. I started opening up to them more and I'm especially close with Emily, Tobin, Carli, Kelley and Alyssa. I know that me being close to Alyssa might seem weird cause she seems so closed off most of the time but that's just how she is. Also I've been spending a lot more time with the veterans of the team than the young ones but I'm not surprised. I've always got along better with people older than me than people my age. Emily is the only young one that I spend a lot of time with.

I only talked to Diane like twice and it kinda hurts to be honest. I love her and I want to fix whatever is broken in our relationship but she doesn't seem to care which is breaking my heart.

The whole team was currently walking to a nearby park after practice to get some fresh air.

"You seem deep in thought" Whitney said as she walked up to me and put her arm around my shoulder. "What are you thinking about?"

"It's nothing important Whit" I said smiling at her but I'm pretty sure she noticed that it was a fake one. Thankfully she didn't say anything about it tho.

"If you say so" she said and we kept walking until we reached the park.

We parted ways with Whitney and I spotted Kelley sitting on a swing with Alex and Hope sitting in front of her so I decided to go and sit on the swing next to hers. Before I could do that Emily had already sat on the swing and I'm pretty sure she did that on purpose since she saw me walking towards them and literally ran to the swing so she could get there before me.

I'm gonna sit on that swing one way or another. Since there was no other way to do it I went and sat on Emily's lap as soon as I got to them acting like I didn't even notice that she was there.

"Well then" Hope said chuckling.

"What?" I said trying to keep a straight face.

"You sat on Sonnett" said Alex pointing at Emily while smirking.

"Oh really? I didn't even notice she was here. Hi Emi!" I said as I turned my head to look at Emily and waved at her. That caused the others to burst out into laughter.

"You sat there on purpose, didn't you Sonny?" Kelley asked Sonnett still laughing.

"Maybe" she said as she put her chin on my shoulder smiling.

Alex then got her phone out and took a picture of us posting it on her story with the caption "If your friend sits on your swing just sit on them" tagging Emily and me in it.

We spent a good hour at the park just talking and playing with a few little kids that were at the park for a bit before going back to the hotel.

Before anyone could go back to their rooms Becky stopped the whole team in the lobby.

"Team bonding in 2 hours in Alyssa and I's room. Bring blankets, snacks and whatever you want." she said causing the whole team to smile before walking off to her room.

Tobin, Christen and I decided to go out for lunch to a little café near the hotel. It wasn't anything fancy so I decided to wear black ripped jeans, a dark blue and white striped shirt and white Nike Air Force 1s.

As we sat down at a table Christen spoke up while we were waiting for someone to take our orders.

"So how do you like the team so far?" she asked me while looking through the menu but she looked up at me for a split second when she asked me.

"I love it. I've only known you all for a bit over a week and you guys already feel like family to me" I said smiling at the woman sitting across from me.