"My parents got divorced when I was little, maybe like 4 and I've been living with my dad since. My mom never showed up after they got divorced. My father started drinking a lot when I was about 8. He soon became an alcoholic and started abusing me. I started self-harming at 12 and he just told me that I deserved what I was doing so I continued doing it. He kicked me out when I came out to him but then took me back a few months later. He kicked me out again when he found out that I was called up for the team since I can make my own money now." I said finishing my story and finally looking up at her again.

The next second she pulled me into a hug. At the same time she pulled me onto her lap so I was even closer to her than before. I just hugged her back and we remained silent for at least 5 minutes.

"I'm so sorry" she said as she pulled away from the hug to look at me. I could see the tears in her eyes.

"Don't be, it's not your fault" I said smiling at her. I noticed that a tear escaped her eye but I quickly wiped it away with my thumb pulling her into yet another hug.

"Thanks for telling me" she said but her words were muffled by my shirt.

"Thanks for listening to me" I said resting my head on top of hers.

Something about being there with Sonnett made me calm. Made me feel safe. Something I haven't felt while being with Diane in a long time.

Speaking of Diane we have 6 days until our game against Ireland and I don't know how I'm gonna face her. I don't even know if she's coming anymore to be honest. I sighed at the thought of that.

"What's wrong?" Emily said as she lifted my head up from her chest.

"Nothing, I'm just tired" I lied cause I didn't want her to worry about me. Luckily she bought it.

"Do you wanna take a nap?"

"Nah, dinner is in like 30 minutes. I think I'm gonna go and talk to Tobin though." I said as I got out of Emily's grasp and walked towards the door. "See you at dinner"

"Yeah, see ya" she seemed kind of disappointed. Oh well, I'll ask her later why.

I was walking to the elevator but I didn't really pay attention to where I was going.

"Uhh..sorry" I said as I bumped into someone.

"It's alright" the stranger said laughing and I immediately recognized their voice.

"Oh, hey Kel" I chuckled before offering her my hand since she was still sitting on the floor.

"Thanks. Where are you going anyway?" she asked as she dusted herself off.

"Tobin's room"

"She's out with Christen"

"Oh for fucks sake" I muttered to myself but Kelley probably heard me cause she chuckled. "Alyssa's room then."

"Alright, have fun." she said still laughing while walking away from me.

When I got to Alyssa and Becky's room I knocked on the door and a few seconds later it was opened by Alyssa.

I walked into the room without saying a word. When I saw that Becky wasn't in the room I hugged Alyssa. She was taken aback by it but I needed that hug.

"I don't know what to do Lys" I said sighing.

"What's up?" she asked as she lightly pushed me away before walking over to her bed and sitting down patting the spot the next to her.

I sighed as I sat down next to her leaning my head on her shoulder.

"You know how my girlfriend, Diane is. She got mad over me sitting on Sonnett's lap and yelled at me through the phone." I said before continuing. "But that's not all. Emily was comforting me cause I was upset about Diane and I felt safe in her arms. Lys I haven't felt that with Diane in so long and I-" I was cut off by someone knocking on the door.

Alyssa stood up to open door. I wasn't playing attention to who it was until someone sat down next to me. Not to be creepy or anything but I recognized the person's scent. It was Tobin. I've been spending a lot of time with her and I know exactly how she smells by now. Don't take it the wrong way tho, I don't like her like that.

"Hey" she said softly as she side hugged me.

I didn't reply. Instead I just climbed up on Alyssa's bed and stretched out my arm motioning for Tobin to cuddle with me and she did just that.

"What's wrong?" she asked me so I told her exactly what I told Alyssa about my problem with Diane and Emily.

"You should do what you think is the best for you but I think you should let her go" Tobin said sitting up so she can look at me.

"But I don't want to. I love her" I mumbled waiting for a response from Tobin but she just sighed.

"I think we should head down to dinner, it's almost 6pm" Alyssa who was sitting next to me said as she looked at her phone.

"Okay" I said as I stood up from Alyssa's bed and walked out of the room without saying a word and went straight to the dining hall.

When I entered the room I noticed that only a few people were there which is weird cause it's like 5 minutes till 6pm and usually almost everyone is down by that time. I said hi to everyone before sitting down between Carli and Becky. I was hoping that none of them would notice that something was up but they unfortunately did.

"Hey Cameron! You alright? You're a lot quieter than usual" HAO asked smiling at me. She's right, I'm usually making jokes with Kelley or teasing Tobin but tonight I was barely even eating.

"Yeah, I'm just tired" I replied smiling at her trying to cover up the fact that I was lying. Luckily she just shrugged it off and went back to eating.

A few minutes later the others started piling into the dining hall and soon everyone has taken a seat.

Nothing eventful happened at dinner or at practice to be honest, just the usual.

Since I was more than exhausted after practice I quickly took a shower and went to bed, falling asleep before Emily could even get to our room.

Word count: 1777 words