"You don't have to listen to me," I tried to reason with him, leaning against my table, "But listen to a doctor, Ian. You should go to the hospital."

"You don't have to worry about me," he said, dismissively.

I sighed. "What do you want me to do, Ian?" I asked, trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

"You've done enough already," he said, emotionlessly.

I could feel the tears form in my eyes. Looking at Ian, I couldn't fathom what was happening. How had he gone from loving me to hating me so easily?

"Did you come here to tell me that?" I asked him, my voice coming out shaky because of the tears that were forming.

He just looked at me.

"Please, go to the doctor, Ian," I told him, "I know you have a problem, but I don't know about it to tell you what to do."

"Yeah, it's not like you care about me, anyway," he said, setting his jaw.

The tears that had collected in my eyes strained slowly down my face. I couldn't tell him anything without him making it out to be something that it wasn't.

"Ian, what did I do that was so terrible?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "You just did," he shrugged, offering me no explanation.

"Will you tell me?" I asked him, biting down on the inside of my cheeks to stop myself crying.

"I don't want to," Ian stated, flatly.

"Ian, I care –"

"No, you don't!" he snapped, raising his voice.

My breath caught in my throat. As confident as I may have been generally, Ian scared me immensely when he was angry. I know he wouldn't physically hurt me, but when Ian was angry, he inflicted emotional scars that were hard to heal.

There was a silence after Ian snapped at me.

"Rosalie," a deep voice said.

It was then that another figure emerged from the darkness of the office.

Aiden Carlisle stepped into the light of my office behind Ian, as the latter turned to look at the newcomer.

He looked suspicious as he walked in, looking from Ian to me.

"I came to discuss something with you," he said, "Are you alright?"

There was power in the way he spoke and I could see Ian faltering before him.

"I'm fine," I said, quickly wiping my face from the heel of my palm.

"Mr. Jeffries," Aiden addressed Ian, "Had I known you were coming here, I might have offered you a ride."

Ian was many things, but he would never defy a higher-up when his job depended on it.

"Mr. Carlisle, I came to see Rosalie," Ian said, facing Aiden and taking a step back towards me.

Aiden nodded, his expression unfathomable. "I can see that. You must be just about finished," Aiden pretty much suggested that Ian leaves.

He looked at me face, and I tried to make sure that I had a neutral expression on my face. Aiden seemed to know that I was upset.

Ian, hearing Aiden's words, nodded. "I'll be going," he said more to Aiden than to me. He threw me a glance over his shoulder and then, walked out of my office.

Aiden's eyes followed him out the door. It was only after Ian had left that Aiden turned to me.

I looked in the direction that Ian had gone, the last tears that had gathered in my eyes, falling. Hearing footsteps against the hardwood, I turned to see that Aiden had come close to me, and was looking at me intently.