33

― ⭒ ☼ ⭒ ―

22:26PM

Donghyuck woke up, shivering in his once again soaked up shirt, sweat drenching his skin. He felt like he was on fire, letting out heavy breaths as his body trembled furiously.

With a slow movement, he reached for the end of his blanket, pulling it away from himself- lips parted as he closed his eyes, the pain in his head unbearable.

He hardly brought himself to sit up at the edge of the bed, instantly feeling like the room was spinning around him. Hissing out, Donghyuck held his head while being hunched over- elbows resting on his knees.

His body was malfunctioning, deceiving him completely as he couldn't compose himself to stand up. He physically felt like he had no strength for it yet he forced himself to stand up, almost toppling over.

Plopping back on the bed, his failed attempt made him groan and wince in pain his head was causing mercilessly.

Throat feeling dry, the boy stubbornly got on his feet again- this time wobbly walking to the door and needing to stop to lean on the doorfame with his head.

He needed water, feeling dehydration heaving in and downing him up. At this point it wouldn't be a surprise if he fainted.

With heavy breaths, Donghyuck rushed to the kitchen, leaning on the table and trying to stop his hands from trembling.

×

Maya skimmed through the pages of her textbook, calling it a day as she let out a breath of relief. She was finally finished with her studying, writing a mental note to check up on Donghyuck once she would take a shower.

He was asleep for the whole day, making that time for her to copy her notes in his notebook- though he probably wouldn't notice since he barely even opened it.

Heading towards her closet, Maya brought out a sweater when a sudden sound cut through the air, coming from the hallway.

Alarmed, the girl immediately shoved her way through the door- eyes setting on the boy that layed his head on the table out of tiredness, darkness consuming his figure.

"Hyuck?" She whimpered, rushing to his side in panic. "Why didn't you call me you idiot, are you thirsty?" Brushing his hair back, she heard him hum- face buried in his hands as she quickly started heating up the tea from earlier.

"Let's get you back to bed, yeah?" Maya said lovingly, seeing as he lifted himself up, the girls' arms immediately setting around him for support.

Trying hard so he wouldn't fall, she got him back into his bed- leaving to get yet another shirt to change him.

"Lift your arms." She instructed softly, covering him up with the blankets as soon as a fresh shirt clutched his upper body.
"I'll be right back."

Maya dashed out to the kitchen, pouring the liquid into a cup after finding the medicine for his head, seeing the little box didn't contain more than two pills.

Being aware that she couldn't go to school tomorrow and leave him at this state, she figured it would be a good idea to at least go to the pharmacy.

Sitting down next to the boy, she helped him drink up the tea with the advil as he leaned his head back onto the headboard.

His lids were slowly closing again, and she took the wet towel into her hold to press it on his forehead.

This was the most vulnerable state she had ever seen him in and weirdly enough, he still had the guts to lazily  smirk up at her.

"You care about me, don't you?" He rasped out, finding it amusing that she still decided to stick around.

"Why wouldn't I?" She replied quietly, trying to lower his body temperature and he didn't say anything after that.

Deep breaths left his slightly parted mouth, and she tried to move him so he would lay more comfortably and when she was about to leave and proceed to take her shower, she got held back.

"Stay with me..." Donghyuck mumbled breathily, weakly tugging on her arm in desperation and she pursed her lips as a small smile took upon her features.

She carefully climbed into the bed with him, granting his wish and Donghyuck interlocked their fingers, too tired to even move any other way with sleep coating him up and soon, he was already dozing off.