XIV. COME OUTSIDE

I randomly wake up from the sound of my phone ringing. Fuck. It's 8:30pm.

Detention was only 30 minutes long. It wasn't bad but I still considered cancelling with josh only because I knew I'd be drained for the day and I still have a project to do with someone.

It's Melanie Von Hansen, my literature partner.

"Leia are you busy right now? I hope you're not, I just wanted to know if you want to start the project now"

"Hi Mel, I just woke up from a nap" I answer while constantly blinking to wake myself up.

I'm hungry. Like really hungry. I didn't eat anything after coming home because I was so tired. I still am. Mom and dad probably tried waking me up for dinner but I was really passed out.

"Oh I'm so sorry"

"No no it's fine, uhm we can start it"

"I just don't want to procrastinate, I know you don't either" she speaks.

"Yeah, can you ft me instead so it's easier"

"Sure"

I set my phone on my desk and tie my hair in a messy bun.

"Can you hold on a sec, I'll just get something to eat. Sorry for looking bad btw" I mention .

"No, it's perfectly fine" she assures me.

I quickly go to the kitchen to grab the leftovers mom set aside for me.

"Mel you still there?"

"I'm still here" she replies.

"Oh okay okay"

"So what were we supposed to do again? I'm kinda still trying to process everything right now"

"So we have to come up with a dialogue containing 2 of the following themes: hatred, death, love, power, survival , and prejudice." She finishes.

"That shouldn't be hard"

"Oh and it has to last atleast more than 5 minutes less than 10. We're also doing it infront of the class too" she adds.

"Oh. Well it's fine, we got this. Do you have any ideas for this in mind already?"

"Well I was thinking death and love"

I hum in response to her ideas.

"And this is due when by the way"

"Next Wednesday" she responds.

"Oh right"

I hum in response to her ideas.

"Okay so what if someone had to relive the same day where their family member or lover dies and they have to bare w the pain and the loss of the person. They love that person too much to forget about them and let them go. But eventually they learn to do so and the day goes on instead of reseting?"

"Actually I like that idea. What if we make it a lover instead. The other is a friend that helps cope with the loss. Convinces the other person to let go instead of holding back. I hope that we don't get to cry. Do we need to cry? Should we cry?" I ask Mel.

"Well, I think we should since it'll show emotion in what we're trying to portray."

"You're right. Who's gonna be who though?"

"If it's okay with you to be the person who's hurting and all."

"Uh sure. By the way do you know when we can both practice for this?"