Valencia is one of the restaurants we own.

"I know but Steve says he's got it under control"

Steve is one of the head chefs at Valencia. He does a really good job too.

"Oh that's cool"

"Do you want ice cream?" She questions.

"Uhm it's November and Dad is cooking"

"Do you want ice cream?" She repeats.

"Yes ma'am" I answer right away.

Knowing my mom, she doesn't really like repeating herself if it's necessary. If you got it the first time, there shouldn't be a second time.

That's something that she teaches to her chefs the first day of their training.

"Okay" she simply says.

We make our way to Big Gay Ice Cream Shop. Mom and I have mapped out all the ice cream places in the city and so far Big Gay is one of our favorites.

There was a long line surprisingly at this hour.

"Do you know what you want?" she asks.

"Yes, can you get me a Monday Sundae?"

"Just make sure dad doesn't know about this"

"Of course" we both laugh.

He hates it when we get ice cream without him.

"Hi how may I take your order?" the worker asks.

"Can I get two Monday sundaes?" mom says.

"Will that be all?"

"Yes" mom finishes and pays for the ice cream.

We take our ice cream and find an empty table. There were a few moments of silence which came from us eating the ice cream which is absolutely so good.

"So, tell me about your day" mom speaks up breaking the silence.

She knows where I was the whole day, she just wants to know more of it.

"The GMA show was really good, they did a performance which I think is going to be on YouTube"

"Mhm" mom nods indulging into the ice cream.

"I finally saw Hamilton and it was so amazing mom. You have to come with me the next time to see it again"

"We'll see baby"

"I bought you and dad mugs and a magnet for the fridge" I mention.

"Awwh that's cute thank you Lei" mom simply says.

"You're welcome" I smile.

"We had lunch at one of the burger places Dad and I went to before"

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was good"

"And we just hung out at the hotel after"

"No funny business" she looks at me sternly.

"Of course mom"

"Tell me about your new friends, they seem interesting"

"Oh there's Frankie, he plays Carlos. Matt plays EJ, Larry plays Red, Dara plays Kourtney, Julia plays Ashlyn, Sofia plays Gina, Josh plays Ricky, and we all know Liv plays Nini"

"That Josh guy seems like a very nice boy" she states.

"He really is, he paid for my Hamilton ticket and lunch"

My mom took her eyes off her ice cream to look at me.

"That's really nice of him, I like this kid already"

"Yeah, too bad they're only here for a week"

"You're inviting them over for lunch right?" She asks.

"Yes"

"You should have them over at one of the restaurants. Just let me know which one so you can introduce me to everyone" she suggests.

"I should, I'll let you know " I reply.

"We should get going, your dad might realize we've been out too long" she says.

We finish our ice cream and make our way home.

"Dad we're home!" I say taking my shoes off and walking up the stairs to my room to put my stuff down.

By the time I walk into the dinning room after washing my hands mom is already sitting down while dad finishes up plating.

"I know you went and ate ice cream without me" dad speaks up.

"Psh no way" mom answers acting like we didn't.

"You two took too long, I already know" he frowns.

"Okay but  you can take us another time" I tell him.

"Sure you two will" he says while walking to the table with orange chicken.

We get seated and start talking about how our day went while passing the food around.

But I just can't help but think about Josh.

Joshua Bassettt.

The really attractive guy. That paid for my Hamilton ticket. And my lunch.

The guy that calls me babes.

That Joshua.

R.M'S NOTE:

Hi it's idk 11am for me right now and I'm listening to The 1975 right now. Their new album came out and so far it's really good. Uhm. Not much to say but there is this really cute ice cream place I wanted to go to in NYC but it's not safe to go there at the moment so😔 It's fine, I have my Hagen Dazs. Please continue to vote & share Common Sense💓 Thank you guys so much for the support💞