It looked like a lab. They probably were trying to make a cure, that's cute. I walked into a room that there was shattered glass everywhere. I put my foot down slowly so it wouldn't make to much noise. Keep in mind I don't know if I have company or not. There was a folder that said confidential in big red bold lettering. I opened it because I can't help my self. I flipped open the folder, the heading on the first paper said 'R-virus' I read down and it said.

"We have taken all the brain cancers to find a cure. Professor Peters (my mom) over at the California lab, she's the leader of this. Instead of curing it, she made it worse. She made the R-virus, it runs through your blood stream and causes extreme pain while it pushed extreme pressure on your brain and causes you to be very aggressive."

Wow she was never the selfish type. Their was a hand written letter under the folder. it had a name on it, Harley. it said,

"Dear, Harley

My dear sweet daughter, Professor Peters gave us the order to inject our kids with the virus. I don't know why I believed her crazy ass but, I'm sort of glad I did. You're immune to it! Your hair turned solid black so did your eyes. We can reverse engineer a vaccine for this madness. The other doctors keep telling me you have to die because whatever is causing your immunity is in your brain. Take one for the team eh? Love, your mother Professor White."

Wow, theirs others like me. I kept looking around for stuff but, it was a bunch of medical mumbo jumbo. I went in the hall and kept walking. I wish every thing wasn't so fucking see through, it makes me feel vulnerable.  I never understood that, why are labs walls glass? All the glass was shattered in little pieces. I saw a dead person in a coat that used to be white. There was blood everywhere it looks like one of those cheep murder scenes in 80's. The whole room was covered in blood. I saw foot prints of blood on the other side, I followed them. the little voice in my head is saying 'do you really need to follow them?' Yes, I really do.

'Curiosity killed the cat'

They led to a closed door. probably the only non glass door in this place.

'Should I open it?'

I should, I reached for the door Handel and put my ear up to the door first. I didn't really hear anything other than my breathing. I pulled my hand gun from the front of my pants. I swung the door open and it was a family. A mother, little girl, and a dad? He looked to young to be a dad, maybe a brother.

Their eyes shot towards me. The guy went to reach for his gun. I tucked mine back in my waste belt.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." I said.

These people looked like the couldn't hurt a fly.

"I was just snooping." I put my hands up.

"How do you know I won't kill you right here right now?" The son asked.

He looked like he worked here at one point. He was wearing a dingy lab coat. the mother was wearing the same thing. Their name tags said 'White' and 'T.W.'.

"I don't think you want to."

The little girl started to shine a flash light in my face. I bet she's the mother of that girl, Harley.

"Oh my goodness." White, sounded lost for words, "Tate, put down the gun."

He did as he was told.

"Harley? Your hair and eyes changed."

"Sorry, I'm not your daughter but, you may have known my mother. Professor Peters."

"I would shoot you if you weren't so valuable." she said, "Sit."