Chapter 9

HateFuck- The Bravery

"Yeah."
Something was wrong, very wrong.
"Okay Nat. Let me get dressed first."
"Alright I'll be waiting right out here."
He left my tent and I loaded up on weapons, I put a small knife in my waist belt of my pants.
I exited the tent slowly and I saw everyone sitting around the fire that was burning last night orange ambers flew out of the raging fire. This time it was just bigger.
"Good, morning." I said prepped.
"Red we have an issue."
"What is it?" A frown appeared on my face.
"Isaac and Athena won't stop
Fighting."
"That's the big emergency?" I crossed my arms.
"Yeah, They both like you." He winked.

Oh now I got it. Athena I guess had a crush on me, so did Isaac. I looked at them both a little shocked.
"Guys, I'm flattered, but Nat is my boyfriend." I held onto Nat's arm.
"If he wasn't here, who would you pick?" Athena asked.
"I'm not sure both of you are lovely." I said, "I'm going to go see if there's coffee shop here."
"They do, let me show you." Athena jumped up.
"Okay."
She guided me to a little coffee shop in the mall. They had canned stuff in the back. I walked in and I was slammed against the wall.
"I know you want me." Athena said practically ripping off my shirt.
"No, I ha-" she smashed her lips on mine.
I pushed her off and walked out. Is everyone in love with me or something? Is this part of the virus?
"Babe, you alright?" Nat asked me ask I got back.
"Yeah, no coffee." I shrugged.
"What's wrong with your shirt?" He saw the tare.
"It got caught on a cabinet. Do you want to come to get a new shirt?"
"Yeah sure." He looked at me.
We walked into a store that had tons of plain shirts and such.
I took off my ripped tank top and replaced with a new one. I thought to my self if she does it again I don't think a sweatshirt would tear. I grabbed a navy blue hoodie and slipped it over my head. I felt my hair to see if I head to put it up because of the grease. Nothing not greasy one bit.
"What really happened?" Nat asked.
"Athena kissed me." I said looking down, "before that she ripped my shirt, I kept telling her that you were my boyfriend."
"It's okay." He hugged me.

He gave me a kiss on the forehead and held me in his arms.
"Thanks." I smiled faintly.
"No problem, Red."
I gave him a peck and we walked out back to the lounge. I sat down on one of the benches next to Nat.
"Get a room." Isaac said.
I didn't say anything I just wanted to leave.
"We should get going. Guys start packing up." I said like I was the leader.
"But, why?" Jessie tugged on my sweatshirt.
"Because we have somewhere to be." I said
"Why the rush?" Isaac smirked at me.
"We have somewhere to be."
"Stay one more night and then leave." Frank said.
I looked at Nat, "I guess." I said sitting back down.
"Please stay with me at all times." I whispered in Nat's ear.
He nodded and I rested my head on his shoulder.  I sat there watching them, Isaac would occasionally look at me and Athena's gaze makes you feel uncomfortable, like she's going to hurt you. I was more concerned about Athena hurting Nat then my self.
"Smile!" Evan shouted.
There was a snap noise and I looked up. He was holding a Polaroid camera. The photo came out and it slowly developed. The photo was of me and Nat. We actually looked like we could be a normal couple in the normal teenage world. I giggled and took the camera from Evan.
"Now, you smile."
He put on a dorky smile and I snapped the picture of him. We started to take pictures of each other. Soon we used all the film and the fun was over. I took the picture of Nat and I and put it in my bag for safe keeping. I also took a picture of Evan, Tate, and Jessie just incase if something happens to them or something.
I looked at the pictures and teared up a little bit because I'd have to loose these amazing people. I'm going to die so they can live. I really wanted to save the world from the virus my Mom started. I think it's only fair if I gave up my life and fix this mess.
I cleaned up my face and went back to the group.
I saw Isaac talking to Nat. My heart dropped, do not hurt him, that thought ran though my head over and over. They started to laugh, I looked at them confused. What was going on?
I went to explore the mall and as I was doing so I heard scratching at one of the Windows.
"Help me..." they cried.
It was a person ripped to shreds. Blood was everywhere.
"They're coming." He said with a small smile.
"Who's coming?" I was yelling.
"Them." He started laughing and pointing behind him.
He took his last breath and died. I looked in the background. It was pitch black. The moon light didn't give anything away, but I knew we had to leave. This wasn't going to be good. I rushed back to the lounge and everyone was laughing and having a great time.
"We have to put the fire out" I said.
"What?" Everyone was confused.
"Their coming. We have to hide or at least run." I said.
"Red calm down what are you saying?" Tate asked.
"I was over here and a man was shredded into pieces kept telling me their coming. He kept laughing. I know what I saw." I was flailing my arms around.
Everyone was confused or laughing at me.
"Guys we need to go." I said.
The door started shaking constantly. Dead silence.
"Let's go." I whispered.
We all decided to hide, because we didn't know where they were. We didn't even know they were. All I know was that they were not friends.
"I know your here!" A rough mans voice said loudly.
"Your fire was just put out! I know your still here." Another man yelled.
Their voices made me shiver.
I was hiding in a clothes rack in some teenagers store on the second level.
"We're coming for you." I heard a voice on the bottom floor.
I heard things being tossed around and breaking.
Who are these people?
"I can smell you!" I heard a girl call from close by.
When I heard her come closer I popped out of the rack and slit her throat. I dragged her to the dressing rooms with out a tap.
You could hear a pin drop. I heard more foot steps and I jumped out and grabbed the person.
"It's Evan!" He whispered shouted.
"Let's go and try to find the others." I whispered as low as I could.
We crawled around trying to find the group. We heard laughing.
"We got the old man! Hehe!"
I peeked my head out from the railing.
He slid his knife across Frank's throat.
I covered my mouth in shock who the hell are these people.
I saw Sofia almost expose her self. She was hiding in forever 21.
I got to find Jessie, Nat, and Tate. I crawled to the next store and there was a girl in a president mask playing with a knife.
"La la la la..." she sang creepily.
I charged towards her and stabbed her in the side of the head.
"Red?" Tate and Jessie rolled out of the clothing rack.
"Come here." I whispered.
I dragged the girl and hid her in a clothing rack.
"It's your lucky day." I heard a voice behind me.
I jabbed my knife in his groin he fell to his knees.
"What the fuck is going on?" Tate asked.
"I have no clue. Come on we have to fine Nat and get the fuck out of here." I whispered.
I took the body and hid them again so they don't know that they're dead.
"Lets go." I said.
After a good 30 minutes of wondering around we eventually found Nat.
"We can't get to Athena and Sofie."
Athena crawled out of the store that they were hiding in and then immediately got shot.
I heard Evan whimper a little.
"We got to go." I whispered.
"That's all right?" One of the guys said.
"Frank, Sofie, and Athena?"
"Wasn't there a son?" A old man asked.
"No, let's go."