The Emerald City

"It's a date!" Midoriya stated without any regrets.

"Anything specific you had in mind today?"

"Oh, uh, I don't really know that much about Seattle. . . I just kinda want to explore and experience the city, you know?"

I hummed in agreement as I pulled onto the freeway. Just an hour and a half to go.

The clock on the dashboard read a quarter to nine. I texted Mom and Max to let them know that I was going to Seattle with a friend and wouldn't be at the soccer game. I'll deal with their anger later.

I really just want today to be amazing.

"There's Pike Place, where they throw fish. And there's this really cool underground part with a bunch of tiny shops. There's also the ferris wheel. Not a fan of that." I explained. "And you can't forget the gum wall, we'll definitely go there."

"Gum wall?" Midoriya chuckled. "That sounds unsanitary."

"Very. But we're gonna do it anyways."

The next hour was filled with music, jokes, and bnha spoilers. Then we could see the city.

"Wow, it's super cool!" Midoriya exclaimed. I smiled at his adorableness. It also just so happens to be a wonderful, sunny day, with only enough chill for a hoodie. Midoriya dawned a red hoodie and black torn jeans. It made him super attractive. Not that he's attractive without the outfit - I'd prefer him without it.

Did I really just think that?
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I found relatively cheap parking in downtown Seattle. After locking the car and looping my lanyard and keys around my neck, I couldn't help but smile as Midoriya turned around in circles, admiring the city.

Eventually, he stopped as his eyes landed on me. His expression of awe heightened as his gaze met mine, his lips twitching up into a big smile. "Where to first?"

Wordlessly, unable to suppress the grin on my face, I reached out and took his soft hand in mine. He blushed but didn't pull back. He eagerly followed me as I began strolling down towards the water.

As we walked the few blocks, hands intertwined, the asphalt road turned to aesthetic brick as we reached the big, iconic, neon red sign that read PUBLIC MARKET CENTER.

I temporarily let go of Midoriya to wave my arms out in front of me. "Welcome to Pike Place Market!"

Midoriya pretended to glare at me before slipping his hand back into mine. My chest fluttered.

I showed Midoriya the tiny shops; the stands that sold unique pieces of art; the workers who famously threw fish; the ancient wooden bar that overlooked the magnificent Puget Sound. Midoriya insisted we take lots of pictures. Every time I pulled out the selfie camera, he would lean his head against mine and flash a peace sign and a big, bright smile that made my heart warm.

"Why do we have to take so many pictures? My eye isn't healed yet, and it just looks stupid."

"What are you talking about? You're beautiful, (Y/N)."

I blushed, beaming bright. "Thank you.

"Now go stand over there so I can take a picture of you."

Midoriya raised an eyebrow, but obeyed, standing next to the railing of the balcony we were on. The ferris wheel and the Puget Sound were in line, creating the perfect backdrop.

He looked at the camera and smiled big, eyes closed. I snapped a few pictures before saying, "Now look normal. Like there is no camera."

"What do you mean?"