"i'll get going.."

"appa!" i gasped as i woke up from my slumber. my eyes widened in shock. my heart palpitated strongly, and i brought my knees close to my chest, hugging them as hard as i can.

"jiwoo!" a voice greeted me.

"are you okay?" he asked.

i looked up, to see him standing there. "what, are you doing here?" i asked.

"your father called me and said you passed out suddenly. i came over to visit you," jaehyun replied.

jaehyun, who are you really? who are you to come into my life out of a sudden and just made a mess. were my dreams imaginary? or were they my memories. how can i trust you, jaehyun?

"thanks, but you can leave now," i avoided his gaze as i wrapped myself up with my blanket.

"no, i'm staying here to look-"

"you can leave! now! please," i raised my voice at him.

"i'm sorry.. i.. i just want to be alone for now, please?" i looked at jaehyun remorsefully after shouting at him. i didn't mean it, i really didn't.

"alright, call me if you need anything. i'll get going," he sighed and walked out of the door.

i grunted and ruffled my hair. jiwoo, why would you do something like that? he was trying to help you, you idiot.

"jiwoo?" a soft voice followed.

"appa?" i replied.

"are you okay? are you feeling better? is jaehyun leaving already?" he asked.

"i'm better now. i asked jaehyun to leave first," i said.

"can i ask you something?"

"go on, my daughter,"

"i've been having strange and bizarre dreams these days. like, i don't know if it was my old memories or if it's just an imagination. i first dreamt of how jaehyun treated me. just now, i dreamt of how i got into the car crash," i explained.

"appa, perhaps, do you have the dashcam footage of my accident? i want to see if it corresponds to my dream," i requested for a favour from father.

"are you sure you are able to handle it?" father asked.

"appa, i have to face the reality if i want to know what happened to me," i responded.

"give me a moment, i'll go grab the footage. stay here for awhile, okay?" father smiled before leaving my room.

i got up from my bed and stretched my body. my eyes landed on the brown book by my bedside. that was the book that i was looking at before i passed out. with a heavy heart, i grabbed the book and started analysing it's content page by page. the content struck my
attention.

what. the. heck?