Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning with the sun shinning on my face. I rubbed my eyes and opened them. Dad was sitting in a chair next to me on his computer. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Hi beautiful, sleep well?"

I nodded. He put his laptop down and got up to kiss my forehead.

"When's the surgery?" I asked.

"It's scheduled for 9:30 so about 2 hours." Dad said.

I nodded. "What's going to happen?"

Dad sat on the bed and held my hand kissing it. "Well, the guys are going to come see you in a little while. Michael will come and tell you how everything will work. You'll be given some meds and sleep. The surgery won't be long. I'll be with you until your sleeping."

I nodded. It sucked that I couldn't eat. I was hungry but I distracted my thoughts by watching friends. Soon, Calum and Luke came in.

"Hey Sammie."

"Hey Sam."

Luke and I talked to help get some of my feelings out. It felt good to have someone listen. Calum listened to my lungs and heart. Checked my temp and made sure everything was set.

"I'll see you soon honey." Calum kissed my forehead and made his way out.

Luke stayed and sat on the couch. Dad sat on the bed with me and cuddled to help with my nerves. Michael soon came in and showed me what they were going to do to help with my anxiety. I was given a relaxer a little while before to also help. I was soon moved to another room to get ready.

I was given a cap to put on my head. Dad had to change into scrubs. Luke and Michael wished me luck and kissed my forehead and gave me hugs. Then we were heading to the OR. I was soon wheeled into the OR. It was cold and I felt goosebumps start on my arms and legs.

"Alright Sammie, let's move you over."

With the help of dad, I laid down on the cold metal table. I was given a blanket and dad sat by my head. He stroked my forehead and held my hand with his other hand. Calum then came in.

"Hi beautiful, you ready." He said.

I nodded. They put sticky things on my chest to monitor my heart rate. I was given a thing on my finger to measure my oxygen. Then the mask came.

"Ok, breath in and out for me Sammie. You're going to start feeling sleepy." Calum said.

I nodded. The mask went over my nose and mouth and I breathed in and out. Dad was still holding my hand.

My eye lids started to feel heavy.

"I love you Sammie." Dad said.

And then everything went black.

I woke up to the sound of the monitors that were measuring my heart rate. I opened my eyes and saw I was in recovery.

A nurse smiled when she saw me.

"Hi Sammie, I'm Amanda. How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I feel a little sore."

"That's normal hun. Your dad should be here any minute."

I nodded. I was still really sleepy. Dad came in and smiled when he saw me.

"Hi baby, feeling ok?"

He came over and kissed my forehead.

"She said she's a little sore." Amanda spoke for me.

Dad nodded.

I soon got moved back to my room where I stayed for a couple of hours so they could make sure everything was good. I got a popsicle and some ginger ale.

When it was time to go, Dad helped me to change and then I got wheeled to the car in a wheelchair by Calum.

"You have to take it easy, ok?" Calum said.

I nodded. "I know."

I got in the car and dad drove us home.

"Lauren, Harry and Grandma are going to come see you in a little while." Dad said.

When we got home, Dad got me comfortable on the couch and then sat down to watch TV with me. I fell asleep and woke up a couple hours later.

I heard soft talking and I opened my eyes to see Lauren, Harry and Grandma.

"Hey Gorgeous." Lauren said when she saw that I was awake.

She came over to give me a hug and handed me a bag that had some chocolate and makeup.

"Thought this would help you feel better." She said.

I smiled. "Thanks Lauren."

Harry also gave me a hug and Grandma gave me a hug and kiss.

We spent time catching up and talking. I feel like I never see them anymore. Lauren's in college and Harry's in school. And Grandma is always working. It's nice to finally see them.

We all had dinner together which was Chinese Takeout because I requested it and dad agreed. After dinner, everyone had to leave. They gave me hugs and told me that we would talk soon.

Calum came home a little while later. He smiled when he saw I was cuddling with Duke.

"How's our patient doing?" Calum asked Dad.

"She's doing good."

Calum nodded. "Your stitches can come out in a week."

We watched a movie and then it was time for bed. I walked very slowly up the stairs with dad's help. I got changed and then brushed my teeth before laying in bed.

"Call if you need me." Dad said.

I nodded. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

Mom called to see how I was doing the next day. We talked for a little before I did some school. I stayed in my room most of day because dad didn't want me walking around too much. I mostly did school work and watched movies the rest of the week.

The day came that my stitches could come out. I went into the hospital with dad and followed him to the room.

"Alright Sam, let's check these stitches."

I laid on my back on the table and Calum lifted my shirt up and moved my pants a little down so they rested on my hips. He checked the area for any tenderness and redness before taking the stitches out.

It was a weird feeling. It didn't hurt just felt weird having stitches taken out. When I was done, it was time for dad to take me to Mom's house. I didn't want to go to Mom's house. I wanted to stay at dad's.

"Alright, see you in a week Sam. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hugged him and then made my way inside. I took a deep breath before I opened the door.