Chapter 8 pt.2

Começar do início

He was the weird one.

I did what I was told, and the door behind me closed with a bang.

Kane began barking at the naked one, telling him to put some clothes on. The naked man laughed and then jogged to the house, his butt was the last thing I saw before he went inside.

The other wolves did the same, however, they had the decency to go into the woods first. I turned my gaze away from their backs as they also went inside. 

When they were all dressed and ready, they came up to Kane and bowed their heads. 

Kane got in the driver's seat. The denim guy got in the passager's seat. The one who had been previously wearing the sweat pants got in next to me, and the largest one sat beside him. I was pushed up against the window when everyone was in. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to breathe. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, irritated that the sweats guy's elbow was pressing into my bruised ribs.  

"Canada," the one in the passager's seat said. I realized then that he was the Beta of Kan's pack. I could smell his beta blood and feel the power form his voice. It was nowhere near the power of Kane, but it still made my body go rigid. 

"Canada!?" I yelped.

The sweats guy chuckled to himself, pushing slightly more against me. I groaned and tried to push back, failing because there was nowhere else for him go.

He was the Gamma of the pack; the alpha's third in command. He, too, radiated power and authority but it was nothing compared to the two sitting upfront. 

Which meant that the body-builder beside him was the Delta, or the commander of the army. A delta was the bodyguards to the alpha, along with the beta and gamma. These four, five if there was a luna, made up the council of the pack. 

The council was kind of like a federal government, with its own checks-and-balances system. Although the alpha was the head, he could not create laws unless approved by the rest of his council. The beta was like a vise-president. The gamma was the financial treasurer, and the delta trained the pack. 

If there were a luna, she would be the pack mother. She supported the alpha, as well as be his number one advisor. She also dealt with the people more than the others. It was her responsibility to provide love and help with any problems that may arise. 

"Why Canada?" I prodded when no one answered me. There was a universal sigh that went around the car. 

"There was a breach there," the delta's deep voice said. He had his head resting against the window and his arms crossed over his broad chest. 

I tried to keep my eyes from going lower than his face.

"A breach? From what?" I questioned. 

The forest around us was beginning to thin out. The long driveway turned into a road, and soon Kane pulled out onto an open highway. I couldn't stop myself from rolling down the window to get a whiff of the fresh air. 

So good, my wolf purred. 

Instinctually, I locked eyes with Kane in the rearview mirror. He suddenly looked away, switching lanes to the left so he could speed up. 

The car jerked forward, and we were passing everyone else in a blur. 

"Rogues," the beta deadpanned. Everyone except Kane sniffed the air and cringed. They were smelling me, no doubt. Until Kane claimed me as his own, I would continue to be without a pack. 

I shuttered in disgust.

Kane sighed and lowered his eyes. "This is Ekon, my beta. Next to you is Andreas, my gamma, and Nika my delta."

Andreas poked my arm and grinned. "Hello. You can call me Andy if you want, Cinnabon."

I waved timidly. "Hi."

To his left, Nika grunted a response, but I couldn't make out his words. Ekon didn't say anything. 

"Remind me to never let you sit by her again," Kane growled, turning his knuckles white from the force he applied to the steering wheel. His beta rested his hand on them and Kane relaxed. If he had continued to squeeze, the wheel would have cracked.

"Don't do that, Alpha," Andreas said playfully. He continued to jab me with his elbow until I growled at him. 

Kane rubbled angrily. 

I liked that. I liked how angry he was getting by this. To pass the time, I thought it would be fun to tease Kane while he drove. It wasn't like he could mess with me from up there. 

I poked Andreas back and stuck my tongue out. 

He did the same.

The sound of plastic breaking forced me to look up.

The steering wheel had a large crack starting from where Kane's hands were and going down the circumference of it. I stared at it wide-eyed.

"Y-you broke the steering wheel!" I yelled, fear tearing up my throat and closing my lungs. "We're going to die!"

All of them laughed; even Kane.

"He does that all the time. Don't worry your pretty little head about it," Andreas smiled. 

My wolf hummed in my head. He did it for you, she said. 

What?

He got jealous, I could feel it. He's mad that Andreas is so close to you.

Why?

Ask him.

I blushed and looked away. It was this stupid mate bond that made me feel like this, made my wolf feel like this. 

Maybe if I closed my eyes...

I rested against the window and exhaled. The wind against my hair lulled me to sleep.