Chapter 18: Hide and Seek

Start from the beginning

"Oh hey Jungkook, never expected you to come here?" I heard Lhee's voice from downstairs interrupt my thoughts. 

"I'm just here to take a look around the house," I heard Jungkook let out with his familiar rough voice.

"Appa!" Jungwoo let out from my arms then frantically moved in his spot until I let go of him, then the second I placed him down, he rushed out the door so I rushed right behind him and quickly picked him up. I don't want him to know we've been living in his home.

I took out my phone to call for Lhee to pretend we're not here.

.

.

.

"What was that sound?" I let out to Lhee as I heard a little child's voice call out 'Appa'. I didn't hear the man respond so I brought my gaze from the room to the man who was only paying attention to his phone.

I let out a little cough which signaled him to answer back. I saw the way he frantically put his phone back into his pocket.

"Ah, it was nothing, it was probably your grandmother heh,"

"My grandmother is dead?" I inquired.

"Exactly," 

"..."

"I-i'm sorry," He finally let out, and at that, he walked out saying he'll clean up a bit which only caused me to go suspicious and follow him.

"Are you hiding something from me?" I inquired to the frantic man.

"N-no," He answered as he kept on walking up the stairs.

"Can you please stop following me?" He let out as I still kept on following him.

"I just want to help you clean it out," I exclaimed lying as we both knew very well I was just up to what he's trying to hide from me.

We walked up to the third floor which had my old bedroom in it. "Oh, so you've been sleeping in my room?" I let out.

"Y-yeah..." Lhee hesitantly let out, which only brought me even more curious and so I walked toward the room only to be stopped by the man as he rushed in and locked the door behind him, leaving me there.