✷6: between us

Sav's pov

Sav's pov

I sat on the couch and just listened to JJ talk on and on and on. He talks a lot. Especially when he's freaking out.

He was telling his story on what happened at Ms. Lana's. I was supposed to go until he decided to break my heart and honestly i'm thankful i didn't.

I didn't even want to listen to his voice anymore. I was hurt. But this isn't about me or JJ.

This is about John B.

All i know is the same guys who shot at us at the marsh are still after the compass.

"Why do they want the compass?" I let out a sigh as they shrugged.

"Its a piece of shit. You couldn't pawn it off for five bucks." Pope popped off causing me to smack his leg.

Although it wasn't worth money it was sentimental to John B.

"No offense." Pope apologized to John B but he was too occupied with his thoughts.

"The office." Is all he said.

"Your dad's office?" I looked at the group then back at John B.

Never has he once talked about his dad's office. We weren't allowed in. Which is fine. It was all a secret. You know... confidential shit.

We followed him as he went inside. We looked around. It was crowded with stuff. Boat stuff.

He checked the secret compartment of his compass to show us.

"So uh.... Redfield?" I squinted at the carving in the compass.

"Its the most common name in the county." Pope responded and i just nodded. John B's determination died down. He wasnt really giving much hope for John B.

"Maybe redfield is an anagram." Pope suggested once Kie glared at him to go on with it.

"Good idea." John B was so determined to crack the secret word to find out the clue to where his dad could be.

I looked over John B's paper as he jotted down words.

That was until we heard a loud ass truck pulling up to the chateau. We weren't expecting visitors.

"Uhhh what the fuck?" I muttered as i elbowed John B.

"Guy's somebody is here." John B freaked out as we all turned to the window.