✷5: betrayed

Sav's pov

Sav's pov

JJ grabbed the wet bag from John B and set it on the ground. We watched as he climbed back onto the boat.

"There was cops. I thought for sure we were going to get caught."

"Yeah you kinda missed the show, brother. Sav was sweating bullets."  JJ teased as he poked my stomach.

"No that was Pope." Kie laughed.

"Okay we were all nervous." I admitted. as we all laughed of relief that everything was okay. That relief lasted a good .2 seconds until Kie nudged Pope.

"Hey guys? Bogey two o'clock." Kie informed us as she glanced at the marsh up ahead.

Sure enough there was a boat coming towards us.

I could see two unrecognizable guys on that boat.

"Should we wait on them?" Pope looked at us so confused as we all said no.

"I dont wanna die." I shook my head as i rushed John B to start the boat. I wasnt going to wait to find out if they were good or bad. We needed to leave.

We watched as JJ pulled out the stern but by then the boat caught up.

"Go." I freaked out as John B started driving away frantically.

I looked over at JJ as he just stared them down as they followed us.

"Maybe they are fishing." Pope suggested.

"Then why are they following us? Do we look like fish?" I got nervous again. God now was not the time to have a panic attack.

They are definitely after us.

"Its gonna be okay, Sav." JJ gave me a reassuring smile. I didnt even realize how bad my anxiety was getting until he stopped me from pacing around the boat while fidgeting with the bracelets on my wrist.

I nodded my head as he grabbed my hand again.

Then i heard gunshots. Absolutely not. JJ's reassurance was thrown out the window because i was everything but okay.

We all ducked down and screamed.

What the fuck. I peeped my head to look at the guy holding a gun. I'm not a gun expert but im assuming it was some sort of shotgun. A shotgun he cant use for shit. Thank the lord.