𝒪𝓃𝑒

"I don't want to marry him."

"Honey, it's for the company. We need this. It's a big opportunity. Do it for us. Your dad and I are getting older. We want to relax a little. Don't you want us to be happy?"

"I do but marrying someone I don't know is not something every girl dreams of."

"I know honey. I knew you would be against it, but I thought that you would eventually understand and go through with it. The boy is around your age. He is a very handsome and polite young man. He will be able to make you happy. I'm sure of it."

"Fine, I'll do it."

I was sitting on the stairs listening to my sister and mother's conversation. My eyes widened when I heard her agree to getting married. Is she crazy? She suddenly got up from the couch and walked past me up the stairs. I got up and followed her into her room.

"Are you seriously going to get married?"

She turned towards me and gave me the 'are you dumb look' "Of course not. Do I look like the person who would get married to a complete stranger?"

"Yes." She gave me a death glare after I said that. "I mean you always do crazy stuff. I always thought you would come home pregnant one day."

She threw one of her shoes at me but missed. I ignored her sudden attack and sat down on her bed.

"Don't sit on my bed with your dirty clothes." She cried out.

"Whatever, what's your plan anyway? Are you going to tell mom that you have a boyfriend the day of the wedding and run away with him? I saw that in a movie once. I could so see you do that. The only problem is you don't have a boyfriend." I mocked her.

She started pacing back and forth around the room. My eyes were following her every move. She was clearly trying to come up with a plan. Might take a while. She isn't that bright.

After 5 minutes of watching her, I grew bored. I snapped my fingers a couple of times to get her attention. She turned around and gave me an annoyed look.

"What do you want? I'm trying to think of a plan." She rolled her eyes at me and put her hand on her hip.

I looked at her in disgust. How can she be the older one? "Never mind, I'm sorry for interrupting you miss perfect."

I got off her bed and walked to my own room. I threw my body on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I don't get it. Why would my parents try to force my sister in a marriage with someone she doesn't know? I mean she is the favorite child. I just find it weird they would do something like this to her.

'Be more like your sister.' That's what my mom said to me. Only two days ago. I don't understand, what's so much better about Yoora? She might be skinnier and prettier than me. But still. Shouldn't we be treated as equals? She was always the one who got everything she wanted. My mom and dad would shower her in gifts. Not that they wouldn't get me anything. They were just more giving when it came to her. I was just always number two, since birth.

There was a knock on my door. I sat up straight to see my mom walk in the room and sit down on my bed. "Did you talk with Yoora about the marriage thing?"

I only nodded my head in response.

"What did she say?" She asked me curious.

"She just told me about it. Nothing else." I lied to my mom. I know lying isn't good, but it's for my sister.

"Poor girl. She must be flustered. Maybe I should have told you to marry him instead of Yoora?" She looked away from me knowing damn well what she said was wrong.