|THREE|

4,059 words

CECELLIA sat around the fire, Sihtric to her left, and Osferth to her right. The three were told to wait as Uthred and Finan had gone in to meet with the King and his Eldormen. After Sihtric had placed Skade in a cell within the ground he had offered his furs to Cecellia, who was now somewhat warm beneath the old beast. She wasn't sure what it had once been, but at this moment she did not care, for her fingers felt as if they were going to freeze.

The three remained silent as ever, none daring to speak a word, as they weren't sure who she was and she wasn't sure what to tell them. They knew there was a unspoken bond between them and the girl, having found her and felt that it was this, that forced them to care for her. But not enough to pray and force her to tell them why she was along in that field, even though it was scratching at their minds. Which Cece didn't actually mind, this allowed her time to think of a story. One that would make sense as to her appearance in a field and who she was. Of course she couldn't just come out and say, I'm from 2019 and you all are characters in a television show that She had somehow found herself in. No, that would surly have her branded as a lunatic or worse, a witch.

The blonde let out a heavy sigh, as she starred into the flames. Her eyes glanced around her at the men, who had their hands each clasped around a jug of ale. Allowing the liquid to warm them from the inside out. As she looked at them, she smiled realizing that had they not taken her with them, she'd be freezing in that field right now.

"I wish to thank you," her light fragile voice sounded, catching all of their attention, "if not for you, I do not know what would have became of me."

The males all looked at one another before nodding their head at her gradititude, Osferth opened his mouth to respond but stopped at the sight behind the blondes head. Uthred led the King away from the building and Finan came rushing towards the group.

"What are they doing," Sihtric asked his friend as the group watched the King and Uthred head towards the cell that held Skade.

"Alfred said, t'at he'd like to hump the witch," Finan whispered as he reached for a cup of ale. His eyes looked around the group, suddenly noticing the girl with golden hair and he tensed, "apologies my Lady."

"No need," Cecellia waved off his concern for her ears. The girl had heard a lot worse then the word 'hump'; she herself had done a bit of the 'hump' in her own time. Though, she knew she could never admit that here; it wasn't something a woman was supposed to discuss. She knew that much to be true.

A cough sounded from behind her and she turned to find a tall and muscular man at her back. He had his hands placed beside his back and the group around her seemed to know who he was and they looked at her and than back to the big guard.

"The Lord King wishes to discuss a word with you," Steapa, Cece finally recognized said. His stare was placed upon her and she knew that her time of thinking up a plan had passed, it was now that she was going to have to think of a story. One that would allow her a good standing and that no one would be able to detect as a lie.

If only things were that simple. With a hesitant nod, she stood from her spot around the fire, removed the fur from her shoulders, and followed the large guard back into the hall he had just came from. The only difference from before, was now it was empty, all the men that had once sat around the small pit of fire were gone. Cece wander around the room after Steapa had closed the door behind her, leaving her completely alone with her thoughts.

She tried to remember everything that had last happened in season two and if there was a way she could convince the King of Wessex that she was from here and should be left alone as if she were any other villager. She didn't want to attract his attention anymore than needed, for she knew just how calculated the man truly was, always thinking of ways to better himself and his idea of England.